none
Azure MP 1.7.0.0 Full Scan Option RRS feed

• Question

• Thoguht I would put this out there in case anyone has found a solution but I am unable to retrieve the 'Full Scan' option from the Latest Azure MP . 

The guide has the below information though it isn't clear where this needs to be created 

I have add this key to all management servers but still don't get the 'full scan'  option 

In order to enable Full scan option the following registry key must be created on host with SCOM server installed: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Azure Management Pack

String “EnabledFullScan” value “true” 

Full Scan option will become available in Wizard.

Richard Scott

Monday, July 15, 2019 11:42 AM

All replies

• Check this for Full scan-

AZURE MONITORING TEMPLATE WIZARD

Sadly you can only run the wizard once per subscription which means that you can’t slice and dice your Azure monitoring into more granular logical management packs.

Lets’ run the wizard:

Enter a Name and Management Pack to save the configuration into:

Select the subscription and do a full Azure scan. Take note of the comments at the bottom of the window; a full scan can take 1 to 2 hours for 1000 Azure resources. After the initial full scan you can just do refreshes but I am concerned about enterprise scalability.

You then get a list of all the discovered Azure resources and can select the items that you want to monitor. I’ve just selected my Microsoft.insights resources.

Monday, July 15, 2019 3:47 PM
  • sadly on the latest version of the MP March 2019 (1.7.0.0 CTP) 
    • Full Scan option disabled by default.

they claim it is re-enabled with the above reg key but I cant get this to work 

Richard Scott

Monday, July 15, 2019 4:45 PM
  • Hello,

I can get this to work after adding registry key on MS and i am getting full scan option.

Note: I have 1 MS in resource pool which I have selected during azure subscription. 

You can also try with resource pool which has 1 MS and try to add registry key and check.

• Edited by Swati06 Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by frilkieg Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:33 AM
  • how frustrating can I presume you made the key change prior to adding the azure subscription ?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:30 PM
  • No I created the key after adding the azure subscription and the azure  monitoring wizard in authoring pane.

After that, i created the registry key and then again i opened the azure monitoring wizard in authoring pane and then I can see the full scan option available.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:47 PM
  • could you screenshot me what your registry looks like , im still not getting this I've even removed azure entirely ...
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:09 PM
  • yeah that's what I got also , is your opsmgr DB separate to your MS ?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:29 PM
  • no,same server
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:06 PM
  • I wonder if that's whats causing my behaviour then. i've added the regkey to the DB server but I still get no option for 'full scan' 

how strange at least I know its just me...

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:21 PM
  • Hi,

did you manage to get the option displayed? Appreciate the feedback and thanks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:59 PM
  • bit of a delayed response but No I still haven't managed to get the full scan option to show. 

I am hoping I have more look with the newer version of the MP I hear that is due to be released shortly

Richard Scott

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:41 PM