none
Unable to display the name of affected user in review activity notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to notify reviewers when a review activity is created, but I'm unable to display the name of the requested by user in my email. my template email is the following:

Hi, 
    You need to approve the access for user $Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemRequestedByUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.Domain.User']/Property[Type='System!System.Domain.User']/UserName$

The ID for the activity is $Context/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id$

You can do it by going to: https://it-portal/MyActivities/ActivityDetails?type=ReviewActivity&id=$Context/Property[Type='WorkItem!System.WorkItem']/Id$

Regards,

The result is the following:

Hi, 
    You need to approve the access for user 

The ID for the activity is RA11725

You can do it by going to: https://it-portal/MyActivities/ActivityDetails?type=ReviewActivity&id=RA11725

Regards,

another point: the name of the requester is also not displayed in the Service Manager portal link, only the names of reviewers.

is there a way to add the requester name either in the portal or in the notification email?

Thanks.

Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:30 PM

Answers

• Thank you Andreas, but I wasn't able to have a good result with the provided answer. I ended up filling the description field in the review activity by the token: portal user name, from the request offering. this way, I have the name of the user in the portal link and in the email.
    • Marked as answer by Luffy Wallis Monday, December 30, 2019 2:54 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2019 2:54 PM
  • As the Requester of a Service Request is defined by a relationship you need to traverse the relationships to get this done.

Maybe this blog post is helpful: 

Include Details from Parent Work Items in Notifications

There is an example how to get the name of the "Assigned to User" of an SR in a notification in the the section "UPDATE ON 6/9/2015 – How do I traverse one more relationship if say I want to add Assigned to user of a CR or Affected User of a Parent SR to a notification based on / triggered off child activity going into in progress?"

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:43 PM

All replies

• As the Requester of a Service Request is defined by a relationship you need to traverse the relationships to get this done.

Maybe this blog post is helpful: 

Include Details from Parent Work Items in Notifications

There is an example how to get the name of the "Assigned to User" of an SR in a notification in the the section "UPDATE ON 6/9/2015 – How do I traverse one more relationship if say I want to add Assigned to user of a CR or Affected User of a Parent SR to a notification based on / triggered off child activity going into in progress?"

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:43 PM
  • Thank you Andreas, but I wasn't able to have a good result with the provided answer. I ended up filling the description field in the review activity by the token: portal user name, from the request offering. this way, I have the name of the user in the portal link and in the email.
    • Marked as answer by Luffy Wallis Monday, December 30, 2019 2:54 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2019 2:54 PM