Active Directory DNS Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I'm using Active Directory 2008 R2 in my company. the Domain I'm using is like Company.com and my Website is www.Company.com. I have made www A Record in my AD which was working fine till this morning. suddenly I stopped working and now AD is redirecting www.Company.com to Company.com which is my Active Directory. I have searched lots of things but all in vain. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi ExchangeStudent,

Based on my understanding, the issue is that AD is redirecting www.Company.com to Company.com which is my Active Directory. Right?

Firstly, please check the www A record in your AD DNS server to see which data it direct to. If there are any issue, please correct it.

You can also use the command nslookup and the parameter d2 to print exhaustive debugging information to get more information about this issue.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Make sure the IP specified under WWW is correct & its working. Necessary network & firewall settings are deployed. If its working earlier & not working now means certainly, there are some changes being performed either at the network or firewall. Check, whether you can reach to the site directly using IP, if not there is trouble at the network & firewall end.

Awinish Vishwakarma - MVP

My Blog: awinish.wordpress.com

Disclaimer This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, March 21, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• Hi I think you need to use DNS Split Brain.

http://searchwindowsserver.techtarget.com/tip/Set-up-split-brain-DNS-in-Active-Directory

Thanks

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Hi ExchangeStudent,

Based on my understanding, the issue is that AD is redirecting www.Company.com to Company.com which is my Active Directory. Right?

Firstly, please check the www A record in your AD DNS server to see which data it direct to. If there are any issue, please correct it.

You can also use the command nslookup and the parameter d2 to print exhaustive debugging information to get more information about this issue.

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Make sure the IP specified under WWW is correct & its working. Necessary network & firewall settings are deployed. If its working earlier & not working now means certainly, there are some changes being performed either at the network or firewall. Check, whether you can reach to the site directly using IP, if not there is trouble at the network & firewall end.

Awinish Vishwakarma - MVP

My Blog: awinish.wordpress.com

Disclaimer This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, March 21, 2014 2:44 AM