none
Question Regarding Runbook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i was trying to create a sample runbook in the runbook designer and was wondering there are premade/existing run books that i can download and import it to Orchestrator to run it as an example. or do i need to make it myself only.

Thanks

Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check this  : http://orchestrator.codeplex.com/releases/view/86195

This export includes runbook examples for each of the System Center 2012 components, plus a few generic administrative task runbooks to round things out.

There are 43 different runbooks (master and sub-routine) each tied to a specific global configuration for their respective SC2012 component. You should be able to simply import, reconfigure the global configurations to fit your environment and go. And while they do not solve for any specific solution, they do provide simple example usages of each of the SC2012 component IPs (with many of the activities from each IP leveraged).

Remy BOVI

• Proposed as answer by BOVI Rémy Friday, February 28, 2014 12:56 PM
    Friday, February 28, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Thank you very much Remy for your help.
    Monday, March 3, 2014 11:41 PM
  • Hi I have a question regarding the connection between SM/CM to Orchestrator. i know Orchestrator uses SM API to connect. i was wondering if it is also true about CM as well? Another question is if it is using SM/CM API to connect, does it mean that its two way communication?

If it is a two way communication between SM/CM and orchestrator then why do you need to use Orchestrator to trigger runbook. why does it not use the this two way communication to run the Runbooks.

Thanks

Monday, March 10, 2014 5:54 PM