none
Notification with Outlook Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

Customer of mine would like to integrate SCOM with his outlook email domain (not exchange server) 

Do i have to implement SMTP Server?

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:45 PM

All replies

• I'm not 100% sure of what you are asking, but exchange online ("outlook email domain") does support smtp relay without installing anything specific : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow-best-practices/how-to-set-up-a-multifunction-device-or-application-to-send-email-using-office-3
    • Edited by CyrAz Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:23 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

If SMTP relay is supported, we may follow below procedure to configure the e-mail notification.

Sending Notifications with External Email Authentication

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, August 16, 2019 12:48 AM
  • >>Customer of mine would like to integrate SCOM with his outlook email domain (not exchange server) Do i have to implement SMTP Server?

As I understanding, you objective is to send email notification, using external email domain, rather than using exchange server. This can be achieved in SCOM 2016 which support  External Email Authentication.
    High level overview
    1) Create Run As Account for external email which use for sending email notification
    2) Create a Run As Profile which contain the runas account created in step 1
    3) Create a email Channel with Authentication Method: External Email Authentication
    4) make sure that SMTP server can relay message sent from notification resource pool server

For detail, pls. refer to Direnc Onen blog, Sending Notifications with External Email Authentication.
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/direnconen/sending-notifications-with-external-email-authentication/
    Friday, August 16, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Thanks guys for the usual support, i applied all mentioned steps but still not working

What am i missing ? usually with exchange server i need to configure connector to allow the machine to authenticate but with the external email authentication what should be done ?

Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:49 PM