Visual Studio Authoring Extensions for Visual Studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone gotten VSAE to work with Visual Studio 2015 or know when Microsoft may be publishing this extension for Visual Studio 2015? This is my last hold up on being able to begin to transition to the new development environment.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would mark any helpful entries as helpful and if the entry answers your question, please mark it with the Answer link.

Monday, July 20, 2015 11:40 PM

Answers

• released for 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30169

• Marked as answer by TSoftware-Old Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:42 AM

All replies

• I installed 2015 this morning and the Authoring Extensions doesn't show up in the IDE, I luckily still have my VS2013 still installed,

Hope they bring out a new Version compatible with 2015, wondering if the internal SCOM developers are Running 2015 yet.....

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:00 AM
  • In the same boat.  Waiting for the 2015 version.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:12 PM
  • In the same boat, waiting on an update on a new compatible version. I just did a rebuild, so I was hoping to just be able to run VS 2015 and not have to run 2013 as well.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Just to update everyone:

I broke down and used one of my support incidents to ask this question directly to Microsoft.  In short, the response that I have received is as follows:

Sorry for the delayed response. I regret to inform you  that there is no information from the Product Group about the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE) for Visual Studio 2015 that is available right now. We tried to get an ETA as well but that as well was unavailable. From the SCOM team if there is anything that I can help you with, please do let me know. Else, since we are not actively working on any issue, we will have to move towards the closure formalities.

Which prompted me to ask if there was any intention of releasing VSAE for Visual Studio 2015, prompting this response:

We do not have any future versions planned as of now. MP dev is being encouraged to move to Silect as it is a MS partner now. Also there is no workaround to install the current release into Visual Studio 2015.

I have sent back a much longer response indicating why the Silect solution is a good replacement for the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Console, but not for VSAE, but only holding out marginal hope.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would mark any helpful entries as helpful and if the entry answers your question, please mark it with the Answer link.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:50 PM
  • As you say - Silect is not a replacement for VS authoring - it is good at what it does but it has way too many limitations. I hope \ suspect that we might see more progress to "VSAE for VS 2015" as we move to vNext in System Center but for now we do have to keep using VS2013.  

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manageabilityguys/

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:18 PM
  • Hi Folks, The SCOM Team is actively working on making the existing SCOM VSAE work with Visual Studio 2015. We just don't know when we will be able to complete it and therefore don't have an ETA yet. When we have a release date for it, we will let you know.

Suraj Guptha

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:38 AM
  • Hi!

Any news on that? Hard to believe that it takes so much time to bring VSAE to VS15...

Cheers,
    Patrick

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you. <br/> Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud) <br/> s2 - seidl solutions <br/> Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:10 AM
  • come on, any news on this?

Michael Seidl

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:29 PM
  • I'll second that. An update would be nice.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 10:10 PM
  • I also wait for an update. It will be nice to have VSAE available for VS 2015.

• Edited by EnisB Monday, November 16, 2015 5:05 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 5:04 PM
  • Same for me - Just saw about the new features of Visual Studio 2015 on "Connect" at Channel 9.

Please share some news about your time line. - Eager to start-over with VS 2015 :D

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Thank you. +1 for wanting an ETA on VSAE compatibility with Visual Studio 2015
    Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:48 AM
  • released for 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30169

• Marked as answer by TSoftware-Old Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:42 AM
  • Good news. Unfortunately, the extensions for VS 2013 must be removed first, and despite no errors, the uninstaller will not remove them from my system. Anybody run in to this or similar issue getting VSAE uninstalled to update to the VS2015 compatible version?
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:29 AM
  • Yes, I had that same problem Alexis.

Eventually I bruteforce deleted the old install. Removed any reference to it in registry (simple search for VSAE and 'Authoring Extensions') and deleted the folder and files. After doing that and a reboot, I managed to get the install to run.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 4:20 AM