none
SCOM 2016 automatically enables profiling?

Question

• I updated agents on all my machines with SCOM 2016 agent and it seems to automatically enable APM profiling on machines. Registry key created under W3WVC/Environment

COR_PROFILER={AD5651A8-B5C8-46ca-A11B-E82AEC2B8E78}
    Cor_Enable_Profiling=1

Please note that APM monitoring was NOT ever enabled in my environment.
    Friday, November 04, 2016 8:58 PM

Answers

• Hello ArtisticCheese,

I would recommend to override "Apply APM Agent Configuration" rule, switch the parameter "EnableRTIA" to false.

This should remove the profiler keys from the registry for the target machines.

Dmitry Matveev

• Marked as answer by artisticcheese Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:50 PM
    Monday, November 07, 2016 11:51 PM

All replies

• Yes, for the Application Insights SDK compatibility: http://apmtips.com/blog/2015/09/11/operational-insights-agent-for-scom/ Does it cause any problems?

There should be override to turn it off. But it shouldn't cause problems as by default without Application Insights SDK it doesn't do much. Definitely no monitoring. Let me know if you need it, I can try to find docs

Monday, November 07, 2016 11:27 PM
  • 2 problems

1. This DLL loads in all processes

2. Process Explorer does not show any relevant process counters when you open process when it's being profiled.

How do I remove this feature/option? I don't need APM and never asked it to be deployed.

Monday, November 07, 2016 11:29 PM
  • Hello ArtisticCheese,

I would recommend to override "Apply APM Agent Configuration" rule, switch the parameter "EnableRTIA" to false.

This should remove the profiler keys from the registry for the target machines.

Dmitry Matveev

• Marked as answer by artisticcheese Tuesday, November 08, 2016 2:50 PM
    Monday, November 07, 2016 11:51 PM