none
SCOM Multiple connectors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Is it possible for multiple connectors installed on scom to grab the same alerts and forward them to corresponding external systems?

I've started to doubt it when having one working product connector with subscriptions for some alerts I've registered the second connector (it's under development) which should capture all alerts an perform custom filtration (not with scom connector subscription).

The second connector has no subscription filter set at all which supposedly should allow all alerts come thru it. The only thing it does - connects to framework and gets all updated alerts with connector.GetMonitoringAlerts().

But I've found this new connector captures only alerts rejected by the 1st connector. 
    Alerts view in scom console confirms it as "Connector" column shows only name of 1 connector which captured that alert.
    Looks like alerts go thru connectors chain and last connector gets only alerts not captured by previous connectors.

Is it true? Or maybe I do smth wrong?

SCOM 2012R2

Thanks

Friday, August 12, 2016 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have no doubt there can be multiple connectors installed on scom but the question was about connector framework ability to pass all alerts to all connectors for processing. Seems it can't.

And andyinsdca confirms that.

Anyway thanks for replies.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

The following artilce implies it is possible to install multi connectors in management group :

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2012/09/28/opsmgr-2012-how-to-delete-an-old-product-connector/

And I didn't find any artilce mentioned SCOM can not use multi connectors to communicate with other applications . 

In addition, this may be more related to development , I'd suggest you to post this behavior into developers' forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Best Regards,

Elton 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Monday, August 15, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Our experience with the Internal Connectors is that only one connector can "consume" an alert.

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

Monday, August 15, 2016 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

I have no doubt there can be multiple connectors installed on scom but the question was about connector framework ability to pass all alerts to all connectors for processing. Seems it can't.

And andyinsdca confirms that.

Anyway thanks for replies.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:49 PM
  • That's an accurate statement.

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:41 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information, it really helps. Do you perhaps know if it is possible to point specific management pack rules/monitors to send alerting to specific connectors?

Best Regards

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:25 AM