none
Get Azure Alerts into SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to get alerts from Azure Alerts, specifically from Application Insights into SCOM.

After doing some research I found 2 possible solutions, but I am not sure what will be the easiest/smartest approach. Hopefully you guys can help me out here.

A solution would be to trigger a runbook using a webhook that runs a powershell script which then turns the information into an event (in the eventlog). Then deploy this on an on-prem hybrid worker. Create an event collection rule to raise alerts in SCOM.

Another solution, now I'm not sure I understand the documentation correctly, but as I read it I can use the Azure MP. Configure alerts to hit conditions in Application Insights and get performance data (provided diagnostics is enabled). The latter I don't get in the runbook-approach.

What have you done to crack this?

/Jesper Rune Larsen (https://enlightementthroughcuriousity.blogspot.dk/)

Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Jesper,

As i am not a big senior in this and working on OMS and Azure since last months....But i can suggest you go with Azure MP because it is basically made to integrate SCOM and Azure piece and we can achieve this by using simple like MP installation and providing accounts.

Now coming to PS method, its basically depend what cmdlets are in script ASM or ARM and you need to many things like choco, ARMClient along with credentials and other stuff as well. Its a big headache :P

So in simple why dont we choose a ready-made tested solution but yes, if you are really good in scripting and have admin rights along with testing environment then you can afford PS method.

Now call is yours, Sir :)

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Jesper,

As i am not a big senior in this and working on OMS and Azure since last months....But i can suggest you go with Azure MP because it is basically made to integrate SCOM and Azure piece and we can achieve this by using simple like MP installation and providing accounts.

Now coming to PS method, its basically depend what cmdlets are in script ASM or ARM and you need to many things like choco, ARMClient along with credentials and other stuff as well. Its a big headache :P

So in simple why dont we choose a ready-made tested solution but yes, if you are really good in scripting and have admin rights along with testing environment then you can afford PS method.

Now call is yours, Sir :)

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:21 PM
  • Thank you Gourav.

/Jesper Rune Larsen (https://enlightementthroughcuriousity.blogspot.dk/)

Friday, June 15, 2018 8:47 AM