none
SCOM Recovery task to restart app pool running for each EndPoint RRS feed

• Question

• I need  help regarding configuring the Recovering Task in SCOM for Web Application Availability Monitor.

Scenario is: We have multiple application endpoint which are hosted on different Application Pool. We need to set up recovery task in SCOM so that if there is any alert regarding Web Application Availability Monitor for a particular endpoint, it go on restart the application pool related to that particular endpoints not entire app pools. 

Just wanted to check whether such kind of Customization is possible in SCOM? If yes, please guide me how to set up this.

Regards,

Ashutosh Kumar

Friday, September 23, 2016 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/dario/2008/10/07/how-to-monitor-a-web-page-in-opsmgr-2007-and-configure-recovery-task/

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:03 AM
  • Hi Elton,

Thanks for your response. I have few more questions here.

1) IF we have multiple endpoints under the multi URl template, pointing to different App Pool, how to recycle the Correct App pool corresponding to the endpoint which is alerting?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:20 PM