none
SCSM 2012 - AD Connector not syncing manager information RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    I have SCSM 2012 setup with multiple AD connectors setup to sync user information. I have noticed that the manager/direct reports relationship only appears in SCSM if both the manager and the subordinate are synced via the same AD connector.

    Is this desired behaviour or a bug within SCSM?

    Thanks

    David

    Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:16 PM

Answers

  • Ok, my approach to this issue, since the 2nd subdomain is going away in the next couple of months is to create a custom csv connector and update that information form AD:

    You can create a script to pull user domain, user name, manager domain and manager user name into a CSV file and use this XML to import it:

    <CSVImportFormat>
    	<Projection Type="System.User.Projection">
    		<Seed>
    			<Class Type="Microsoft.AD.User">
    					<Property ID="Domain"/>
    					<Property ID="UserName"/>
    			</Class>
    		</Seed>
    		<Component Alias="Manager" Count="1">
    			<Seed>
    				<Class Type="Microsoft.AD.User">
    					<Property ID="Domain"/>
    					<Property ID="UserName"/>
    				</Class>
    			</Seed>
    		</Component>
    	</Projection>
    </CSVImportFormat>

    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:19 PM

All replies

  • Hi, Sorry this is not a respose but I wanted to add that we are also facing the same problem in our implementation of SCSM 2010. The information of Manager and subordinates does not seem to update after we change them in AD. This is even after the fact that we have run multiple manual sync of AD connector and even after creating a second AD connector in parallel to the existing connector. Any help in this direction would be helpful. Thanks and Regards, Parag Goyal Xavient

    Parag Goyal

    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:30 AM
  • I have the same problem... I have 2 subdomains and managers and subordinates may be on different subdomains... the manager field is not getting imported.

    DC=test,DC=acme,DC=com

    DC=testing,DC=acme,DC=com

    So, if I delete the individual AD connectors that I've created and create a single one pointing to DC=acme,DC=com, would that fix the issue?

    Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:10 PM
  • Ok, my approach to this issue, since the 2nd subdomain is going away in the next couple of months is to create a custom csv connector and update that information form AD:

    You can create a script to pull user domain, user name, manager domain and manager user name into a CSV file and use this XML to import it:

    <CSVImportFormat>
    	<Projection Type="System.User.Projection">
    		<Seed>
    			<Class Type="Microsoft.AD.User">
    					<Property ID="Domain"/>
    					<Property ID="UserName"/>
    			</Class>
    		</Seed>
    		<Component Alias="Manager" Count="1">
    			<Seed>
    				<Class Type="Microsoft.AD.User">
    					<Property ID="Domain"/>
    					<Property ID="UserName"/>
    				</Class>
    			</Seed>
    		</Component>
    	</Projection>
    </CSVImportFormat>

    Friday, October 19, 2012 3:19 PM