none
SCCM 2012 R2 Eval setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to follow the examples of several setup tutorials for System Center 2012 R2 and I'm having some frustration at try to find a fresh download to start with.

When I google download SCCM 2012 R2 on Google several Microsoft pages come up for the eval center, and when I enter my info and click next, I'm taken to a download page which contains like 9 like for different files, but regardless, when I click on any of them, a get a page not found error.

#1     I would like to know if I can actually still get a download of SCCM 2012 R2, or if this is MS's way of saying its no longer supported.

#2    Could someone please explain why I'm presented with 9 files to download instead of just 1. I notice this also occurs with SCCM 2016, however the links will actually download files.

I'm certainly willing to buy 2016, but I would like to just try it out without upgrading servers etc.

Thanks
    • Edited by mmurphy58 Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

System Center is a set of management server components.

Configuration Manager provides software deployment, distribution, update management, and configuration monitoring throughout an IT infrastructure. Configuration Manager automates many tasks associated with software deployment and maintenance while enforcing the organization's software configuration policies and standards.

• Data Protection Manager (DPM) enables disk-based data protection and recovery for file and application servers in an Active Directory domain. DPM backs up client systems, server file systems, Exchange databases, SharePoint data, and SQL databases on a continuous basis, allowing an organization to recover a single lost or corrupted file or restore an entire system.
    • Endpoint Protection is used with Configuration Manager to provide a single infrastructure for client management and security, including malware detection. It gives administrators a central location for creating and applying all client-related policies.
    • Operations Manager monitors the health of IT services across datacenter and cloud infrastructures. Operations Manager can provide IT departments with reports at defined intervals as well as alerts when immediate attention is necessary. Operations Manager can be used to monitor performance of both server and client applications. Management packs — the sets of instructions that Operations Manager uses to monitor specific applications — are available for most current Microsoft server applications and operating systems, as well as many from third parties.
    • Orchestrator is a workflow management tool for automating the creation, monitoring, and deployment of IT resources. Orchestrator integrates with Microsoft and non-Microsoft products, allowing administrators to connect different systems without any knowledge of scripting or programming languages.
    • Service Manager facilitates implementing and automating IT service management (ITSM) best practices across an organization. Service Manager can provide IT departments with processes for incident and problem resolution, change control, and asset life cycle management.
    • Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) is a server application for administration and management of Microsoft and VMware virtual machine guests and virtual machine hosts. It provides network administrators real-time views of resource allocation and allows rapid reconfiguration.

If you want to download the SCCM, please try the following link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/B/9/FB9B10A3-4517-4E03-87E6-8949551BC313/SC_Configmgr_SCEP_1606.exe

SCCM Configuration Manager Build Version Numbers

https://prajwaldesai.com/sccm-configuration-manager-build-version-numbers/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 23, 2018 6:55 AM