none
SCSM 2019 - Notifications aren't send for tickets created by Exchange connector RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm setting up a new SCSM 2019 environment.

As one of the last bits in the Implementation, I'm working on creating some notification templates to be sent out to the affected user of an incident and am seeing some unexplainable behaviour.

I created and HTML Notification template as well as a mail action on incident create event within the "Incident Event Flow Configuration".

Whenever I create an incident through the powershell exchange connector, then no mail is sent to the affected user.

If I manually create an incident from the same IR template that the exchange connector uses, then the workflow is triggered immediatly and I receive the email.

If I look under workflow status for that specific workflow, then I see no errors.

It's as if the workflow doesn't even pick up the IR created by the Exchange Connector.

Also no errors in the Event Viewer under "Operations Manager".

Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this behaviour?

As it works when manually creating an IR from the same template, then wrong SCSM nor Exchange config is ruled out.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:56 AM

Answers

• Easiest and fastest way might be to get in contact with Cireson and talk to them about your issue.

Second option is to test what happens if you create an Incident with a "simple" PowerShell script using the SMLets.

This way you can test if a SCSM workflow is fired if an Incident is created by PowerShell at all. 

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:27 PM

All replies

• Which "PowerShell Exchange Connector" are you using?

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:38 PM
  • Hi Andreas, It is the following : https://cireson.com/blog/cireson-support-deploys-open-source-smlets-based-exchange-connector/amp/ When reading through the documentation of the microsoft exchange connector, it didnt show support for scsm 2019 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45291). Also I read a lot of forum posts here that stated that the exchange connector wasn’t supported on scsm 2019. This made me decide to go for the smlets one..
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

can you paste  how you configured the incident create event within the "Incident Event Flow Configuration".

As an alternative I would create a "Notifcatication Subscription" when a new object of class Incident is created:

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:54 PM
  • Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already tried creating a subscription based notification as well but it doesn't trigger when I have an IR created through the smlets exchange connector.

Please note that when I manually create an IR from the same template that both the "Incident Event Flow Configuration" and "Notification Subscription" gets triggered as expected..

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Easiest and fastest way might be to get in contact with Cireson and talk to them about your issue.

Second option is to test what happens if you create an Incident with a "simple" PowerShell script using the SMLets.

This way you can test if a SCSM workflow is fired if an Incident is created by PowerShell at all. 

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:27 PM