Certificate expired of SCCM Client setup.msi... How to renew it... !!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a windows 2003 Dc and running SCCM 2007 R3. Till yerterday client installation was fine but today when I tired to push installation to a client. I was unable to install. After loking at the logs. I got this error 

File 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccmsetup\{4CD82FBB-0AFC-4864-A089-15364DF5F14B}\client.msi' doesn't have a valid digital signature. ccmsetup 7/6/2011 3:34:17 PM 2792 (0x0AE8)

I looked at the client.msi and found Microsoft Corporation certificate has expired.. Do not know how to renew this...

Any suggestions????

Regards

Sam 

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may try to run the setup from the Site Server to check.

Please manually copy the SCCM Client files to the machine locally and run the CCMSetup.exe with /source switch.

Rename the ccmsetup folder and reboot machine to test this issue.

Try to use another network share as package source temporary.

Use CCMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE

Verify NAA has read permissions on package folder;

Exclude client package folder from AV scanning.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:24 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:33 AM

All replies

• Is this Beta, RTM, SP1, SP2.  Mixed Native.  If a mixed mode then the are created and pulled to the client.  Have you made sure that your package is up-to-date?  No running some out of date files.  Are you pushing from the console or pushing a package down to the machine?

Have you manually copied the client folder from the primary and run the setup on the client to see what happens?

http://www.sccm-tools.com http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

You may try to run the setup from the Site Server to check.

Please manually copy the SCCM Client files to the machine locally and run the CCMSetup.exe with /source switch.

Rename the ccmsetup folder and reboot machine to test this issue.

Try to use another network share as package source temporary.

Use CCMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE

Verify NAA has read permissions on package folder;

Exclude client package folder from AV scanning.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:24 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:33 AM