none
SCVMM 2012 Network Diagram VM to Logical Network Mapping "Flakey"?

Question

• Hello,

I recently upgraded my SCVMM 2008 R2 system to SCVMM 2012 and things are working nicely.  I have been loving the self-service portal and allowing teams to provision their own systems.  Honestly its great.

In reguards to the Networking Diagram feature though I find it to be somewhat "inconsistant" in representing the current configuration of all the VMs and logical networks.  For example I have several logical networks provisioned "servers, public, vlan30 and computers".  When I click one of there logical network its suposedly highlights all the VM links connected to that logical network.  The issue is that sometimes it displays the wrong VMs as being a members of the selected logical network.  By reversing the order and selecting the VM rather than the logical network it does highlight the correct link back to the correct logical network.

This would make my security team very "uneasy" if I were to show them this and while I can verify the things are in the correct VLANs with other tools it IMHO like a pretty big "yah its not a major issue but should probably make it work 100%" kind of thing.

I seem to be quote happy tonight.  Its late.

Thanks. 

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:37 AM