none
Custom field (string) added to Service Request Form not showing up in DWDataMart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I'm in a bit of a bind here and hoping that the community here would be able to help me with this particular problem of mine. To provide a bit of context, I added a new custom property named 'Remarks' to the Service Request Form and Incident Form via the Authoring Tool. The Data Type of 'Remarks' is String. I then saved, sealed the Management Packs and imported both of the MPs to SCSM.

I then proceeded to run the Data Warehouse jobs manually, and even waited for 24 hours before checking back on the results of the jobs. I can see that the 2 MPs are associated, I can see the MPs (with their new versions) in the Management Pack menu under 'Data Warehouse' tab. I opened an Incident work item, I can see the newly created field there. Same goes for Service Request work item, the field is there. Saving some data on the field and re-opening the work items also shows the data being there.

I logged on to the Data Warehouse Database after that, looking to amend my Service Request and Incident Reports to add the newly created property to my reports. I queried the IncidentDimvw table (connected to the DWDataMart database), and I'm able to see the 'Remarks' field there. When I queried the ServiceRequestDimvw table however, I wasn't able to see the 'Remarks' field.

I have been troubleshooting this issue with a Microsoft support representative, but as of now, the field still is not showing up in the ServiceRequestDimvw table. We've performed the necessary steps to manually run the data warehouse ETL jobs, went as far as extending a few more classes to the Service Request form, imported the MP, manually ran the data warehouse ETL jobs, but still to no avail.

In the DWStagingAndConfig database, I wasn't able to find the fields in the 'dbo.MT_System$WorkItem$ServiceRequest' table, but the fields are available in the 'inbound.MTV_System$WorkItem$ServiceRequest' table.

i am out of ideas on how else to proceed on this, and the Microsoft support representative are also cracking their heads trying to figure this out. Thought I'd try my luck over here to see if anyone has ran into similar issues as I have.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys! Thank you!

Friday, April 12, 2019 4:07 AM

All replies

• I would say if its not in your DWStagingAnd Config database then chances are it may not have been processed.

Are you able to check the date on when your DW jobs were last successful, Get-SCDWJob | *

Worth a shot but try opening your Task Manager to see if the MonitoringHost.exe process is running? Do your SCSM Connectors still function and are still syncing correctly

Also check your Data Warehouse server check the event logs and see if you have any errors regarding your jobs,

These are really a few admin tasks just to check the overall health of your SCSM could help point out something that could be causing this

Thanks

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Monday, April 15, 2019 10:31 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. To answer your queries:

1. The DW jobs were last successfully ran this morning, in fact about half an hour ago.

2. I do not see the MonitoringHost.exe process in Task Manager. I don't see this process in my other Service Manager Management server (I have a few instances of SCSM running) either. As for the SCSM Connectors, they are functioning and are syncing correctly.

3. The errors that I see are from event logs are due to me performing a reboot of my SMMS and DWMS servers. Apart from that, there are no other errors.

Microsoft Support did requested the event logs, and they ran a SQL Profiler on the DW server and collected the logs, but I'm still waiting for their feedback.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:36 AM
  • OK, if there is no Monitoringhost.exe running on your Service Manager management server that could be something there. Is there a System Management Service process running in there at least?

Where the connectors are concerned though they say they are functioning are the Start times and end times have a good time apart from each other or have they started and finished in the same time as this could relate to an issue as well.

Have you checked that the custom property you added is in the ServiceManager database under 'dbo.MT_System$WorkItem$ServiceRequest' . The inbound one is normally when its in the middle of being processed. How do your DW databases look are they showing any SQL log errors? do they have sufficient space nothing filled up?

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:41 AM