Source: Health Service Modules
    Generating Rule: Collect Consolidator Module Events
    Event Number: 11112
    Level:  Error
    Logging Computer: PDXSRV220.pdxdom.blountopg.com
    User:

N/A

Description:
    The Microsoft Operations Manager Condolidator Module failed to initialize because the specified compare count is less than the minimum allowed.

Compare count value: 1

Minimum value allowed: 2

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.LS.2010.Monitoring.UnitMonitor.TimerResetEvent.PDP_PDP_IPADDRESS_NOT_CONFIGURED_IN_NCS

Instance name: LS Policy Decision Point Component [pdxsrv220.pdxdom.blountopg.com]

Instance ID: {111002BA-A9F9-42A9-F0D0-A2734EE1C420}

Management group: BlountOPG

Event Data:  View Event Data

< DataItem type =" System.XmlData " time =" 2011-03-24T09:18:43.7193478-07:00 " sourceHealthServiceId =" 22CF72E4-ADAA-62D1-415F-3C3998941F24 " >
    < EventData >
      < Data > BlountOPG </ Data >
      < Data > Microsoft.LS.2010.Monitoring.UnitMonitor.TimerResetEvent.PDP_PDP_IPADDRESS_NOT_CONFIGURED_IN_NCS </ Data >
      < Data > LS Policy Decision Point Component [pdxsrv220.pdxdom.blountopg.com] </ Data >
      < Data > {111002BA-A9F9-42A9-F0D0-A2734EE1C420} </ Data >
      < Data > 1 </ Data >
      < Data > 2 </ Data >
      </ EventData >
      </ DataItem >

If I try to look at the properties in the management pack for Monitors \ LSPolicy Decision Point Component \ Configuration \ IP Addresses missed from the Network Configuration Settings - I get this error:

The page could not be loaded.

Note:  The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted.  The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error.  The application will continue to run.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.UISDKException: The page could not be loaded. Please review the errors and try again. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Pages.ConsolidatorConditionPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.LoadPageConfig()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.OnPageAdded()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.OnPageAdded()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.SheetFramework.AddPage(Page page)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageManagerBase.AttachToFramework(IPageFramework pageFramework, Boolean readOnly)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.AddMonitorPages(LaunchMonitorUICommandData launchData, Form form)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.Initialize(Object launchData, Form form)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.RunPrivate(Object[] userData)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.Run(Object[] userData)
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
       at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Pages.ConsolidatorConditionPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.LoadPageConfig()

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I checked the Management Pack Internally and it's trying to Query the 'Lync Server' Events log for the Event Id 34306. Please find that event and troubleshoot it from the Lync Side.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev Gopinath V

SCOM Support Engineer (Premier Business)

Microsoft

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:28 PM

All replies

• I just tried it and got the same error.
    "Fear disturbs your concentration"
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 7:05 PM
  •  

Hi,

May I know your version of System Center Operations Manager 2007? Please ensure it is System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2.

In the management pack guide, we can see the following:

Supported Configurations

System Center Operations Manager 2007 server support

System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Not supported:  System Center Operations Manager 2007 RTM, or 2007 SP1*

* Lync Server 2010 Management Pack requires the Windows PowerShell provider support which had been added with Operations Manager 2007 R2, and cannot be deployed on Operations Manager 2007 RTM.

System Center Operations Manager 2007 agent server support

System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Agent, 64-bit only

Not supported:  System Center Operations Manager 2007 Agent RTM, or 2007 SP1

Not supported:  System Center Operations Manager 2007 Agent R2 32-bit running in WoW64

In addition, please double check your configuration referring to the management pack guide:

Lync Server 2010 Monitoring Management Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e7185068-6424-4e67-bf61-7bf1c53efb4a

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 10:48 AM
  • SCOM2007R2, 64-bit servers (RMS/MS, etc).
    Monday, March 28, 2011 4:14 PM
  • SCOM2007R2, 64-bit servers (RMS/MS, etc).
    Monday, March 28, 2011 4:51 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Please try clearing the HealthService queue on the problematic agents:

1.    Stop System Center Management service.

2.    Go to C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manger 2007\, and rename the “Health Service State” folder.

3.    Restart System Center Management service.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Nicholas: These errors are occurring on the SCOM console.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:32 PM
  • I get the same error, and clearing the HealthService queue does not solve the issue.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 10:41 PM
  • I got the same error and renaming the Health Service State  folder did not solve the issue. I think there's a problem with the configuration of the Lync server but the description of the alert is so poor and cryptic that it doesn't make any sense.

Anyone got other ideas?

Monday, July 18, 2011 12:52 PM
  • Same issue here in my environment, I think the majority of the SCOM alerts to be cryptic of very general in the information they provide. It was difficult enough to get Synthetic Transactions working let alone, resolve all these alerts.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Has there been any further findings or discussion on this?  I am having the exact same issue.  Running SCOM 2007 R2 (all updates applie) on Windows 2008 R2.  Using the latest verison of Lync 2010 Management Pack. 

The alert is only coming up on both of my Front End Lync servers.  According to what i'm understanding, the "Compare count value" is being returned as 1 but it needs to be at least 2.  So if I override the alert and change the value from 2 to 1, then the alert won't come up again.  One problem...The alert is not very clear as to what exactly its talking about so i'm not even sure what i'll be changing and not being alerted of. 

Anyone have any insight?

John K. Boslooper Windows Server Administrator UT Dallas
    Monday, August 15, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Nope.  Join the club.
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:01 PM
  • John, I currently get the newsletter but they told me that membership was full this year. ;-)

It's a shame that no one from MS has chimed in yet on this?  Anyway we can BUMP this forum and get some attention?

John K. Boslooper Windows Server Administrator UT Dallas
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Greets.  Why is this marked as the answer when it doesn't solve the issue?
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:19 AM
  • We have the same issue :)

scom 2007 R2 CU4

As usual MS never provide good/clear answer about products

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:35 PM
  • I tried this, but it did not solve the issue.  Anyone got any other ideas?
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same Problem here and also the "accepted" answer to clear the Health Service Store does not help.

Suggestions are welcome!

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Ok, I think I've broken this down properly so here's my theory:

On simple deployments of Lync, such as mine, there is no explicitly defined Region, Site, Subnet, Region Link or Region Route.  There's no need since there's only one front-end server.  This monitor is looking for the PDP IP Address in Network Configuration Settings (PDP_PDP_IPADDRESS_NOT_CONFIGURED_IN_NCS). 

I think it's much easier to override/disable this monitor rather than go through the configuration modifications on Regions, Sites and Subnets for one site.

[Insert snarky comment about MS phoning in a solution. This took me only a few minutes of research]

• Proposed as answer by ZyEngineer Wednesday, October 5, 2011 5:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:29 PM
  • I came across very many event log entries relating to health service modules and amongst other things specifying something about SQL RTCLOCAL. It was your post pointing me out to the System Center Management service. It resolved my issues. Thanks!

Kind Regards, Ronald de Wit

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Ron, what did you do to resolve this?

Bob

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hi,

I checked the Management Pack Internally and it's trying to Query the 'Lync Server' Events log for the Event Id 34306. Please find that event and troubleshoot it from the Lync Side.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev Gopinath V

SCOM Support Engineer (Premier Business)

Microsoft

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:28 PM
  • This is actually a confirmed bug in the Lync 2010 Management Pack.  While working with Sanjeev from Microsoft, I found that there is actually a misconfiguration in the Management Pack.  Because of the invalid configuration, the workflow errors our when it trys to run.

If you look at the configuration XML for the MP, you will see this for this monitor:

<Consolidator>
      <ConsolidationProperties />
      <TimeControl>
        <WithinTimeSchedule>
          <Interval>25200</Interval>
        </WithinTimeSchedule>
      </TimeControl>
      <CountingCondition>
        <Count>1</Count>
        <CountMode>OnNewItemTestOutputRestart_OnTimerSlideByOne</CountMode>
      </CountingCondition>
    </Consolidator>

Note that the count = 1. 

The alert shows this:

The Microsoft Operations Manager Condolidator Module failed to initialize because the specified compare count is less than the minimum allowed.

Compare count value: 1

Minimum value allowed: 2

One or more workflows were affected by this.

If you go into the SCOM authoring console, you will notice that the minium compare count is 2.  The UI does not allow you to even choose 1. 

So, the alert is valid.  But it is alerting on the fact that the monitor can't be run, not that you have invalid or missing settings in your network configuration settings area of Lync.

Hopefully they will release an updated version of the management pack that has this error corrected.  But, until that happens, you can disable the monitor called "IP addresses missed from Network Configuration Settings." and create you own monitor to takes its place.  Just do an event based monitor for event ID 36034.  This will be in the "Lync Server" event log.

Dan

• Proposed as answer by Nfields03 Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:02 PM
  • Good work.

I would like to add there is a know bug with Event ID 36034 per MS Premier Support:

As discussed, I am archiving this case now. Here is a summary of the key points of the case for your records -

•    Symptom - Getting Warning Event ID 36034 on the FE Server related to CAC

•    Cause - The IP's that are not discovered during the Bandwidth Management process are dumped in a list and published every few hours in the form of the 36034 event. Even though the IP's are introduced later, the list is not updated.

•    Resolution - Lync PG has confirmed they will try to change this in the next release of Lync (not a CU).

•    More Information - RFC # 317732

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:53 PM