none
What was App Controller replaced with? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

As in the past couple of yeears I have worked only with Linux technologies I started to get behind MS technologies.

Some years ago I've planned and configured an scvmm (2012 R2) server to manage our failover cluster (2012 R2). I had another server with MS SQL and an app controller that was used to let users self managing their machines.

Since a few moths ago, our users needed 2016 core windows machines, so we started giving them that, but I was surprised to hear them complaining that those machines were not visible in their App controller self service console. I obviously came to the conclusion that SCVMM was not being able to managed those machines.

So the conclusion is that we need to replace our setup with newer apps. As my MS days are long in the past and as I don't have too much time to dig what are the changes, I would like to ask you guys what I should replace in my setup and with what.

We only have a failover cluster with about 400 machines, 90% of the machines are linux boxes, the other being 2012 R2, 2016 core and some windows 10 boxes.

Any recommendation will be useful.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi!

Yes the App Controller was removed in System Center 2016.

The replacement for App Controller are the following:

• For on-premises deployments, provision IaaS and PaaS solutions using Windows Azure Pack.
    • Additionally, virtual machine and PaaS self-service solutions are available in Windows Azure Pack and Azure.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

Friday, June 15, 2018 6:17 PM