none
Reports in SCOM 2007 R2 - Empty RRS feed

• Question

• Current situation:

Server 1: SCOM 2007 R2 / RMS (W2K3 SP2)

Server 2: SCOM 2007 R2 / MS with ACS (W2K3 SP2)

Server 3: SQL db ( (W2K3 SP2, SQL 2005 SP3). contains Operations db, ACS db, Data Warehouse db. SCOM 2007 R2 Reporting installed also.

In SCOM Console, I only see Audit Reports. I see no other reports. I only see Authored, Favorite, Scheduled and my Audit reports. Any reason why? My audit reports work!

I installed most MPs before installing Reporting, if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sounds like a permissions issue.  Do you see 31557 events on the RMS a minute or so after bouncing the HS?

HTH, Jonathan Almquist - MSFT
    Friday, August 12, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

The following thread discussed a similar issue, please have a look:

SCOM R2 - Reporting installation went ok but no reports available

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagerdeployment/thread/76ec9081-e171-4205-b9b5-544eb328d6af

Please also check the following article:

OpsMgr 2007: No reports are listed under the Reporting pane in the Operations Console

http://blogs.technet.com/b/smsandmom/archive/2008/04/24/opsmgr-2007-no-reports-are-listed-under-the-reporting-pane-in-the-operations-console.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:07 AM
  • I restarted the HS (Health Service) on the RMS, but no change. No Event 31557.

Reporting only contains Auditing Reports, Authored Reports, Favorite Reports and Scheduled Reports.

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:23 AM
  • Vivian,

Checked both articles. Neither helped with my situation.

Any other ideas?

Friday, August 12, 2011 9:42 AM
  • what events ARE you seeing after bouncing the HS on the RMS.  You'll see events with source Health Service Modules.  If you see 31568 and 31570, report deployment was successful.  If you see 31567, I believe this is the event that indicates report deployment failed.

You can also take a look at the SQL Server logs to determine what's going on.  Again, it must be either a permissions issue or some other network related issue.

HTH, Jonathan Almquist - MSFT
    Friday, August 12, 2011 4:53 PM
  • Jonathan,

After bouncing (restarting) the HS on the RMS, I have no 31568, 31570 or 31567 events in the Operations Manager Event log.

I mentioned before that under Reporting on the RMS, I see the following:

. Audit Reports

- Authored Reports

- Favorite Reports

- Scheduled Reports

I see Audit Reports on the RMS because I followed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb687987.aspx. I did this on the SQL server.

You mentioned this is probably a permisions issue. Could you please indicate where, if possible.

Dave

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:25 AM
  • I rebooted my RMS and when I go to reporting, I receive the following error:

Date: 16.08.2011 09:51:15
    Application: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
    Application Version: 6.1.6407.0
    Severity: Error

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.ReportingService.ReportingService2005.ListChildren(String Item, Boolean Recursive)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.ManagementGroupReportFolder.GetSubfolders(Boolean includeHidden)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.ManagementGroupReportFolder.GetSubfolders()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.WunderBar.ReportingPage.LoadReportingSubtree(TreeNode node, ManagementGroupReportFolder folder)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.WunderBar.ReportingPage.LoadReportingTreeJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

The Event log contained two events:

Event ID: 10103

Source: Health Service Modules

Description:

In PerfDataSource, could not find counter OpsMgr DB Write Action Modules, Avg. Processing Time, All Instances in Snapshot. Unable to submit Performance value. Module will not be unloaded.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.HealthService.CollectionRule.Performance.AvgProcessingTime

Instance name: RMS Server

Instance ID: {CFD6FA9E-17A6-23E9-414E-EF8AB2E09920}

Management group: OM2007_MGMT

does this help?

dave

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Does the reportserver database have enough free space? Do you see any specific errors on the sql box where report services is installed?
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Hi Dave, how are you doing with this item?
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:15 AM
  • This article can help you troubleshoot a blank report in OM

Jose
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:21 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Any update on this?

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Marked helpful posts as answers as thread has been silent for a long time and these suggestions will usually be helpful in similar situations.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 6:15 AM
  • i have the same issue - install all on one server

sql 2008 sp2 / sp 3

installing reporting services in sql, creating db reportserver, testing web site --> all ok

installing scom datawarehouse --> fine

installing reporting -> installation said success, but no reports in scom-console-report-pane

and also no reports and directories under: http://localserver:80/reports

i've tested many many times and configurations - always the same result !!!

NEED HELP - and please not the same links once more !

AND: no - not the reports are blank - there are no reports in the folder.aspx on reporting-website

greetings  frank

Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:52 PM
  • All is in this thread already.  Start fron logs checking as suggested by Jonathan
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:00 PM
  • If the server/reports directory does contain the icons for ssrs and the only thing wrong with that page is the missing of those folders and report items than it looks like the ssrs part is still alright. What happens after that is that scom deploys the reports from the management packs into reporting. Check on the rms and in the scom console for any alerts relating to reporting. It might say something like... was unable to deploy reports... In most cases this would be due to rights. Perhaps a faulty runas account or some other reason. Most of the times the errors point to the direction.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 5:28 AM
  • @Pavel Dzemyantsau
    sorry - but such answers or comments are not helpfully and superfluous !
    Friday, October 28, 2011 9:10 PM
  • in the server/reports directory i found only some entries like:

- My Reports

- Users Folders

- some pics.

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Sounds like the scom reporting insrall was successful as you said. These are default tbings added by the install. Would expect you now to see alerts coming from rms about datawarehouse and reports deployment. Also on rms in eventviewer. You can restart system center management service on rms to get the events faster. Just check what you see there. You can post that there.

What we are also asking , including Pavel, what events are you seeing in the operationsmanager eventlog regarding this ? Some entries will also create scom alerts for the same. Just trying to help mate, and on a closed thread as well (not everybody will look at closed threads so you are less likely to see people jump in to help, if they were not in the thread in the first place).

Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:17 AM
  • the problem is, that is an installation at a customer - and we are in germany - so i have a login at the rms only on wednesday (weekend and holidays !)

that's why i can't tell you something about the eventlog now - i will do it next week - thx   ;-)

Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:35 AM