report or a query to show New computer in sccm RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is there a query or a report that will show me new computers added in SCCM for the last number of months or days.

Thank you

Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think in the environment without duplicate records, you can use sms_uuid_change_date0 attribute of v_R_System view. But if some of you client have new hardware updated then it will cause the SMS UUID update, thus this computer will be recognized as the newly added computer based on sms_uuid_change_date0 attribute queries. Even though, I think it was a choice for you.

Query like this, query out all the clients added during the last month:

select v_R_System_Valid.ResourceID, v_R_System_Valid.Netbios_Name0
    from v_R_System_Valid
    inner join v_R_System on v_R_System.ResourceID = v_R_System_Valid.ResourceID
    where DATEDIFF(mm, v_R_System.SMS_UUID_Change_Date0, GETDATE()) <= 1

Also for day based use  DATEDIFF(dd, v_R_System.SMS_UUID_Change_Date0, GETDATE()).

Hope this will help.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:59 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Checking AD object creation might get you what you want. You could even add this attribute to your AD System Discovery (on the attributes tab) and that info could then get into ConfigMgr for you to query.
    Jason | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/jsandys | Twitter @JasonSandys
    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, October 31, 2011 5:16 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to client agent installations or discoveries?

To my knowledge, the client agent install date is not specifically tracked in the DB so no there.

Almost the same answer for discovery. The time is tracked, but it gets updated everytime the object is discovered.

I think CSR provided some limited insight into this. Do you have Client Status Reporting installed?

Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hello,

I looking both any new build or new discovered pc in SCCM specifically a new build for the last 3 months or 6 months. We build large number of PC and we wanted to know which once were build recently.

Thank you

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Checking AD object creation might get you what you want. You could even add this attribute to your AD System Discovery (on the attributes tab) and that info could then get into ConfigMgr for you to query.
    • Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, October 31, 2011 5:16 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

I think in the environment without duplicate records, you can use sms_uuid_change_date0 attribute of v_R_System view. But if some of you client have new hardware updated then it will cause the SMS UUID update, thus this computer will be recognized as the newly added computer based on sms_uuid_change_date0 attribute queries. Even though, I think it was a choice for you.

Query like this, query out all the clients added during the last month:

select v_R_System_Valid.ResourceID, v_R_System_Valid.Netbios_Name0
    from v_R_System_Valid
    inner join v_R_System on v_R_System.ResourceID = v_R_System_Valid.ResourceID
    where DATEDIFF(mm, v_R_System.SMS_UUID_Change_Date0, GETDATE()) <= 1

Also for day based use  DATEDIFF(dd, v_R_System.SMS_UUID_Change_Date0, GETDATE()).

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you everyone that answear my question.

Loyan

Monday, November 7, 2011 1:06 PM
  • What about "Creation_Date0" in dbo.v_R_System?
    Regards Per Eriksson
    Monday, November 7, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Creation date is the date the resourse was created in the ConfigMgr DB, not the time the client was installed. These aren't typicaly the same thing.

Quan's answer is good but has some potential issues like reimaging (and the one he pointed out) -- using AD has this limitation also. It really depends on the exact processes happening in the enviornment, the exact question being asked, and the goal of asking the question.

Monday, November 7, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Thank you sir. That was exactly what I needed.
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:56 PM
  • hi, could you tell me what is the name of this attribute exactly? is it the USNcreated attributes? thanks
    Monday, December 22, 2014 8:29 PM