none
SCOM 1807 - Huge RelatedEntityChangeLog table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently reviewing a SCOM environment of a customer. I noticed that the OperationsManagerDB is almost full due to the RelatedEntityChangeLog table consuming 65GB (!) (with around 460 million records) I haven't seen that before. 

When looking at the table it contains records dating back from the beginning of the SCOM installation. 

When manually grooming it seems like the amount of records decreases a little bit, a few 100thousands, but in no time the amount of records is again at the same level. 

What is exactly logged in this table?

What can I do to keep the size of this table under control?

Can I safely delete all old data  (> 30 days for example) manually?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Best regards,

Bert

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Bert,

Has your customer's SCOM environment ever been upgraded to it's current version?

If the SCOM environment has been upgraded, there's a recommended pre-upgrade task to cleanup the database by cleaning up the ETL:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/deploy-upgrade-pretasks?view=sc-om-2019#cleanup-the-database-etl-table

So I was wondering if this cleanup step has not been done.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:37 PM
  • Hi Bert,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

Based as I know, the EntityChangeLog and RelatedEntityChangeLog tables that are used to store changes to the environment. For our issue, we can run the script which Leon provided and see if it is working. Just as re minder, please do a backup of SQL before we do any action.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Hi Bert,

How's everything going? If there's any update, please let us know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards.
    Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:49 AM