none
System Center 2016 - Component CoExistence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In previous version of System Center (Pre-2016) components were required to be installed on different servers.  I'm trying to determine if this is still the case for System Center 2016.  

I have a smaller deployment, currently three physical servers (hyper-v), soon to be 5 physical servers.  All servers will be running Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V with 6-10 guests each.   I also have 100 clients on my network (windows 7/10 mix).

My Windows Servers are DataCenter Edition and my System Center is DataCenter as well.

Can anyone answer this question?  I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere, only 2012 articles.   If they all cannot be deployed on the same server, which components can coexist with others?  Including SQL.

Thanks in Advance.

Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:05 PM

All replies

• I have the same question if anyone can supply any more information on this.

-

Alex

Friday, March 31, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Same question here. Anyone know?
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 4:48 AM
  • I have the same question. By the looks of things no response form Microsoft. Just shocking to say the least. 
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend you refer to the Component Coexistence for System Center 2012 R2

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn281928%28v=sc.12%29.aspx

Also separate installation the SQL reporting service for each component.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi Guys

Any update for this question?

Is the Component Coexistence for System Center 2012 R2 same for System Center 2016?

Regards

IVAN

Monday, January 15, 2018 8:54 PM
  • A year later i still have not found a definite answer to this. For my lab environment, I have been going with suggestions that System Center 2016 coexistence 'is most likely' the same as System Center 2012.

However this really isn't acceptable for production environments and im not sure why an official coexistence documentation in technet doesnt exist for 2016 like it does for 2012 R2.

Friday, June 8, 2018 6:09 PM
  • Any updates from this question?
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:07 AM