none
VMM 2012 SP1 Beta Error 2927 (0x8033801a)

Question

• Good day!
    Recently, we upgraded our SCVMM 2012 to SP1 Beta, and then seeing a strange problem. A few hours after installing SP1 beta (with database upgrade) VMM works fine, but then the status of agents in all virtualization hosts changed to Access Denied and in jobs began to appear the following error:

Error (2927)

A Hardware Management error has occurred trying to contact server [vmm server name] :n:CannotProcessFilter :HRESULT 0x8033801a:No instance found with given property values. .

WinRM: URL: [http://[vmm server name]:5985], Verb: [INVOKE], Method: [AddPeerCertificate], Resource: [http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/scvmm/AgentManagement]

Unknown error (0x8033801a)

Recommended Action
    Check that WinRM is installed and running on server SCVMM-SRV.refactorx.ru. For more information use the command "winrm helpmsg hresult".

Remove and add VMM Management Server feature makes it alive, but again in a few hours. Then repeated errors.
    Tell me, what could be wrong?

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:59 PM

Answers

• I had a similar issue, though my environment was slightly different - impact was the same.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I figured out that;

The WinRM version changed though my patches and updates to stack 3 from stack 2.

Run winrm id (to verify if is says stack 2 or 3)

This is where the problem was for me.

The solution was to;

Uninstall Windows Management Framework 3.0 (WMF 3.0) 

Reboot

Run winrm QC again

Reboot (yeah needed)

Refresh VMM

Everything worked again.

Now I cannot manage my hosts from Windows 2012, but more importantly SCVMM works again ! More important on my nodes.

I am sure MS will have this minor bug sorted soon - it was a pain!

Marty van den Bosch

Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:35 PM
  • I could fix this problem.

But for me the problem was just the winrm policy.

Today I enabled a policy to config WinRM on all servers.

"Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Remote Management (WinRM)/WinRM Service"

When I disabled it all SCVMM servers back to normal.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:44 AM
  • I had the same issue after updating my HV hosts to .NET Framework 4.5 and WinRM 3.0. The part I missed was also updating the VMM server to WinRM 3.0. Make sure all of your Hyper-V hosts are WinRM 3.0, and also your VMM server. You can run the "winrm id" command to identify the version quickly. My configuration is Server 2008 R2 SP-1 hosts, as well as my VMM server. I updated to VMM 2012 SP-1 Beta for Server 2012 compatibility, and was doing the WinRM 3.0 updates on my Server 2008 R2 SP-1 systems, so they can be managed in the Server 2012 Server Manager console.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:36 PM

All replies

• Same issue(((

Find out that SCVMM Agent service on SCVMM server can not start with the same error as here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/virtualmachingmgrsetup/thread/77f94d42-91a0-4fe2-8ae0-e631e4fa5159
    • Edited by iyastrebov Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:32 AM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Hi all. Have you updated the agents?

Can you please try to remove and add your hyper-v hosts again? and see how it's going after the VMs a populated in vmm again?

Kristian (Virtualization and some coffee: http://kristiannese.blogspot.com )

Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:49 AM
  • Same here in France with a fresh install of SCVMM 2012 with beta SP1) ....

My hosts are Windows 2008 R2 clustered. And I already uninstall and reinstall an agent. but always same

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:54 PM
  • For those of you that are experiencing this issue, are Your hyper-v hosts 2008 R2 or 2012?

Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:09 PM
  • Server 2012 for me.  Having the issue as well!
    Monday, October 15, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Can you verify that firewalls are not blocking and that winrm is configured and running on your hosts?

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:26 PM
  • I could fix this problem.

But for me the problem was just the winrm policy.

Today I enabled a policy to config WinRM on all servers.

"Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Remote Management (WinRM)/WinRM Service"

When I disabled it all SCVMM servers back to normal.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:44 AM
  • I had a similar issue, though my environment was slightly different - impact was the same.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I figured out that;

The WinRM version changed though my patches and updates to stack 3 from stack 2.

Run winrm id (to verify if is says stack 2 or 3)

This is where the problem was for me.

The solution was to;

Uninstall Windows Management Framework 3.0 (WMF 3.0) 

Reboot

Run winrm QC again

Reboot (yeah needed)

Refresh VMM

Everything worked again.

Now I cannot manage my hosts from Windows 2012, but more importantly SCVMM works again ! More important on my nodes.

I am sure MS will have this minor bug sorted soon - it was a pain!

Marty van den Bosch

Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:35 PM
  • I had the same issue after updating my HV hosts to .NET Framework 4.5 and WinRM 3.0. The part I missed was also updating the VMM server to WinRM 3.0. Make sure all of your Hyper-V hosts are WinRM 3.0, and also your VMM server. You can run the "winrm id" command to identify the version quickly. My configuration is Server 2008 R2 SP-1 hosts, as well as my VMM server. I updated to VMM 2012 SP-1 Beta for Server 2012 compatibility, and was doing the WinRM 3.0 updates on my Server 2008 R2 SP-1 systems, so they can be managed in the Server 2012 Server Manager console.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:36 PM
  • We are seeing this issue with a 3 node Server 2012 HV cluster with a fresh install of VMM2012 Beta (from beta VHD), all WinRM clients are at 3 and no policy set...seems to be listing on the correct ports, no firewall.  The VMM agent is installed and running on all of the hosts.  Nothing helpful being noted in the event logs.  Neither of the solutions below apply...

Below are configs from winrm service and client.  I can use the -r switch in winrm (winrm get winrm/config -r:hv3-01.domain.com) to get configs from one machine to the next, but i must use the FQDN, IP/netbios name will not work.  Still digging to see if i can find anything else

C:\Windows\system32>winrm get winrm/config/service
    Service
        RootSDDL = O:NSG:BAD:P(A;;GA;;;BA)(A;;GA;;;S-1-5-21-406620699-3876502382-375
    8778322-1003)S:P(AU;FA;GA;;;WD)(AU;SA;GWGX;;;WD)
        MaxConcurrentOperations = 4294967295
        MaxConcurrentOperationsPerUser = 200
        EnumerationTimeoutms = 600000
        MaxConnections = 15
        MaxPacketRetrievalTimeSeconds = 120
        AllowUnencrypted = false
        Auth
            Basic = false
            Kerberos = true
            Negotiate = true
            Certificate = false
            CredSSP = true
            CbtHardeningLevel = Relaxed
        DefaultPorts
            HTTP = 5985
            HTTPS = 5986
        IPv4Filter = *
        IPv6Filter = *
        EnableCompatibilityHttpListener = false
        EnableCompatibilityHttpsListener = false
        CertificateThumbprint
        AllowRemoteAccess = true

C:\Windows\system32>winrm get winrm/config/client
    Client
        NetworkDelayms = 5000
        URLPrefix = wsman
        AllowUnencrypted = false
        Auth
            Basic = true
            Digest = true
            Kerberos = true
            Negotiate = true
            Certificate = true
            CredSSP = true
        DefaultPorts
            HTTP = 5985
            HTTPS = 5986
        TrustedHosts = *

EDIT: We reverted back to VMM on the CTP and everything is working fine... :/ CTP > Beta

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29220

• Edited by Adam Roosa Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:39 PM
  • http://blogs.technet.com/b/scvmm/archive/2012/12/13/vmm-support-tip-adding-hosts-fails-with-error-2927.aspx

Fortunately the resolution is an easy one - start the System Center Virtual Machine Manager agent.  Now as a side note, you may find that the System Center Virtual Machine Manager agent isn’t running for a reason (e.g. the service is failing). If that’s the case then of course you’ll need to troubleshoot the cause of that so that the service will start successfully. When I ran into this, the service was failing due to performance counter corruption and restarting the WMI service or using winmgmt /salvage repository fixed the issue, although as they say, your mileage may vary.

MCSE:S, MCSE:M, MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, CCDA Infrastructure expert

• Edited by DJ Spy Monday, December 24, 2012 5:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by FrankJB Monday, September 8, 2014 9:48 PM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 5:58 AM
  • I performed a clean install, Windows Server 2012, SCVMM 2012 SP1, hosts are combination of 08 R2 and 2012.  I was getting the same problem on all servers.  After looking into this, found out that the solution to my problem was pretty simple.  For whatever reason my "System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent" service was stopped.  I started it and after a few minutes, all of my hosts started responding.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:49 PM
  • I had the same problem, as MariohTech have said, if I start "System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent" service then Hyper-V host reply.

The problem that I had was that after restart Hyper-V host, the service stay stopped. I solved the problem changing the service startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start)

My systems are Windows Server 2012, SCVMM 2012 SP1, hosts are 08 R2 migrating to 2012

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:40 AM