none
Cannot log into OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have a new Exchange 2013 installation on a server 2012 r2 System. It is updated to update 23. I go to the OWA Page to enter my details and it seems to accept it but goes nowhere. If I enter a bad password it gives me that error saying that what was entered is not correct. Could someone here help me to get logged on? I would very much appreciate it and thanks in advance.

AL H

ALHusketh

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you receive any error message. If you get blank screen means need to certificate binding on iis

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:32 PM
  • Don't have Hostpilot Just standard exchange. Can you give me the way on that. I'm the only one on this server as of now since it's new to the customer. Try 2 browsers same outcome.

ALHusketh

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:49 PM
  • Already binded the cert to it.

ALHusketh

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:49 PM
  • Hi, 

Share the error message, if not find check windows eventviewer

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:56 PM
  • Hello again. First let me tell you I am a complete novice at this so sometimes I'm not able to comply because I do not know how to. The OWA Window doesn't give an error message when I use the correct password it only loops back to itself. When I use an incorrect password it comes up with the incorrect user name or password error. To give you the data from the event viewer I'd need to know what I am looking for as there are quite a few in there. Many thanks for your patience and help on this.

ALHusketh

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:21 PM
  • Hi ALHusketh,

To help narrow down the issue, could you please clarify the things below?

1. Did the issue start to occur right after upgrading to CU 23? Or any other changes have been made prior to the issue?
    2. How did you log into OWA, using domain\user or userlogon@yourdomain.com?
    3. Can you log in OWA via https://localhost/owa on the CAS server?
    4. Are you able to log into EAC?

>> Already binded the cert to it.
    By this, do you mean you have binded the cert for the Default Web Site? If this is the case, please also check the certificate bindings for Exchange Back End Port 444:

Besides, please run the cmdlets below to confirm the authentication settings for OWA and ECP are identical:

Get-owavirtualdirectory |fl *authentication
    Get-ecpvirtualdirectory  |fl *authentication

If issue persists, please try the possible solutions below and see the results:

1. Recycle the MSExchangeOWAAppPool in IIS manager
    2. Reset the OWA virtual directory from EAC, then run IISReset /noforce from an elevated Command Prompt.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:18 AM
  • Hi ALHusketh,

I am writing to check if provided information is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:03 AM
  • Hello Yuki Sun. I am not able to check this yet but will and will get back with you when I have. Working on another issue that maybe affecting this some how. Need to work it out first though. Thanks for your patience and help and I'll get back here as soon as i can.

AL Husketh

ALHusketh

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 4:58 PM
  • Hello Yuki Sun. I am not able to check this yet but will and will get back with you when I have. Working on another issue that maybe affecting this some how. Need to work it out first though. Thanks for your patience and help and I'll get back here as soon as i can.

AL Husketh

ALHusketh

Thanks AL Husketh for sharing the current status of this case. Just feel free to post back at your convenience should there is any update or you would like further help regarding this issue. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 1:22 AM