none
SCSM 2012 Service Offering not shown on portal

Question

• I've installed the SCSM Self Service Portal on Sharepoint Foundation 2010 (Dutch + French language pack installed).
    Apart from the Service and Request offerings my portal is working fine.

Created a service offering with category general, no languages selected and published this.
    Then I created a Request offering the same management pack as the service offering, added to user prompts title and description, mapped this prompts and published the request offering.
    Added the request offering to the service offering.

When I go to my portal, there is nothing shown in the category view.
    On the List view I only see the 2 Generic Incident Requests (default + EN).
    I do not see my service offering or my own custom request offering.
    When I enable another Generic incident request like the localized for nl one, it shows up immediatly in the list view.

It looks like my own custom offerings don't show up, only offerings created during installation seem to be working.
    Am I doing something wrong?

I also removed my service offering and only published my request offering. I assume this also should be displayed in the list view?  Only seeing the generic incident request there.

Thanks!

Monday, December 5, 2011 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Fast reply (currently on the run):

Are you running the portal as an End User or as an Admin (of SCSM)?

Out of the box, the End User role are not allowed to see new SO or RO. To achieve this you would have to create a new End User role and give them the rights to do so (Groups/Queues).

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Monday, December 5, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• Here is a good guide, it might be something simple that the request / service offering is not actually published.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/11/09/faq-why-doesn-t-my-request-offering-show-up-in-the-category-view-of-the-service-catalog.aspx

Hope this helps.

F.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.
    • Proposed as answer by Bud dy Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:56 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Thank you for your fast reply.

I did see that post before and made sure everything has been published correctly. (see screenshots attached)

Also, not set a language, this will be needed in the future but without even using the language I can't see my service and request offerings.

Monday, December 5, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Ok, you can try to set one more thing, try setting the language to none. So the language should be empty, I ran into that funny in my environment, once I changed that, it all started working F.
    Monday, December 5, 2011 3:07 PM
  • I did not select a language.

Have already created like 50 different service offerings, with different settings but none of them seem to work.

Can there be something wrong with the security ? It is weird the generic incident requests show up.

Monday, December 5, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Hi,

Fast reply (currently on the run):

Are you running the portal as an End User or as an Admin (of SCSM)?

Out of the box, the End User role are not allowed to see new SO or RO. To achieve this you would have to create a new End User role and give them the rights to do so (Groups/Queues).

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Monday, December 5, 2011 4:07 PM
  • I do not.think so. As long as you have a published service offering and published request offerings within the service offering. With the correct language selected, it should show on the portal. Can you see your request offerings when you click on "list" view?
    Monday, December 5, 2011 4:11 PM
  • That worked!

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Though this issue is resolved, I had the same problem but the proposed fixes did not resolve the problem for me. Therefore I went on hunting for the right fix. I have collated all possible issues and fixes for the web portal not working..

All credits to the folks mentioned in my blog:

http://schadda.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-fix-system-center-portal-if-it.html

Sandeep C Learn more about IT @ schadda.blogspot.com Please mark this post as helpful if it was helpful :) Also mark it as a proposed answer if it turns out to be the final solution

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:03 AM
  • If you try all the suggestions listed here, and still nothing, the one last thing you can try.  REBOOT the primary service manager management server.  I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out why 3 new service requests would not appear in the portal.  The new SR's were added to already existing Offerings that were displayed in the portal.  So where were my new ones?  I went over permissions, made sure I had added them to service offerings and that they were a member of the correct group, etc.  Nothing... I always default to good ole REBOOT.  This time, it worked.  Maybe it should have been the first step in my troubleshooting steps, but I was sure the issue was with me. 

~DannyRamirez

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:25 PM