i'm new to SCSM 2012 RC. i don't know any thing about service manger installation & configuration. Some how i manage to get the some link on internet to installa it. Now i have installed it on three test servers. below is the current setup -
1. All server has win2k8 R2 Std
2. One server has AD and data warehouse for SCSM
3. One server has SCSM Management Server
4. One server has Wbportal and sharepoint 2010 Foundation
Now i need to configure service manager so that i can show the Demo to my manger and after that we can implement it for our environment. I'm looking document or link for below point -
1. How to configure user interface so that user can log their request
2. How configure email notification for CAB Team, Technical Team, ServiceDesk Team, ServiceDesk manager and end user so that whenever any thing(change, incident,service request etc) logged or updated must get an email notification
3. how to configure Assigned to for group and individual
4. How to integrate SCOM with SCSM for automating incident ticket genration and assignment to respective Team of serviceDesk Team.
Your kind help will be highly appreciated.
The Administrator's guide should contain what you're looking for.
1. The publish offerings on the web portal where end users can log requests, take a look at the service catalogue section in the amin guide:
2. Read, Service Manager notifications section in admin guide:
3. I'm not sure I'm answering the right thing here but of your looking for assigning a ticket to a specific group based on the ticket fulfilling a certain criteria, take a look at the "Configuring workflows" section:
4. See instructions on settings up the Operations Manager connector:
Hope that will get you going!
Patrik Sundqvist Solutions Architect @ Gridpro AB Blog: http://blogs.litware.se
Maybe I can provide some pointers to help.
1. If, by "user interface", you mean website, that is setup by default and it will present a very "Vanilla" portal to your users which can be used to create generic Incidents.
2. I would also highly recommend the following site, it covers all aspects of SCSM 2012.
3. http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/09/24/automatically-notifying-groups-of-users.aspx might also be able to help with this.
Hope this help.
As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.