we've deployed Office 2010 Service Pack 1with an SCCM package.
The strange thing is that SCCM does not recognize the Update on almost all clients.
It's listed as missing, but when i search for all needed Updates on a Client manually with Windows Update it's not missing and i also see the Version number in Office
Have the clients scanned for Updates after the deopyment of Service Pack 1? The default schedule is every 7 days.
If you initiate a Software Updates Scan on one client using the Configuation Manager control panel applet, is the status updated then?
-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec
I has the same issue when deploying office 14 en-us with SP1. it actually reports back
"Program: Office 14 SP1 failed with exit code 17022" which is status unknown. But it actually installs.
To fix this i created a OSD Task Sequence and on the install application options selecting Continue on error.I just created a query to check the install was successfull
- Edited by Edward Humphrey Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:42 PM
This issue can be related with the language.
The default installation of Office 2010 (English) contains the French and Spanish languages in it as proofing languages.
The update installation through SCCM installs only English version of SP1. So, when the machine is scanned against Microsoft update, the update is detected as not installed properly as the French and Spanish language contents are missing from the client computer.
You may refer to the information in the following thread:
TechNet Community Support
Error 17022 is a success with the reboot flag having been set. Took me some digging, but I found this TN listing for Office 2010 update package return codes: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179058(v=office.14).aspx
In the Deployment section of your application in SCCM, you'll want to go to the return codes tab and add the very least that code, you can add the others if you want. Don't forget to also specify a detection clause. I used the Uninstall RegKey that it creates and checked for the KB number in the DisplayName Value.