none
Hardware Configuration tab doesn't show Vlan Configuration of VM

Question

• In SCVMM 2012 R2 I can go into the properties of a VM and set the VLAN and it saves and correctly sets the VLAN on the machine.

Vlan Checked

If I then go back into the properties the VLAN option is unchecked.  If I make a change to any other setting and save it then removes the VLAN from the machine, disconnecting it.  

VLAN unchecked

On SCVMM 2012 SP1 it worked fine, on SCVMM 2012 R2 the Hardware configuration is always missing the VLAN information.  

Can somebody else confirm that they are having the same issue with SCVMM 2012 R2?

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Answers

• All, this has been reported as a bug in the GUI.

You are correct, that VMM will tag the vNIC with the correct VLAN and also keep the information. However, when you open the hw properties again, the values is shown as blank.

again; this has been reported to MS.

-kn

Kristian (Virtualization and some coffee: http://kristiannese.blogspot.com )

Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:12 PM

All replies

• Yes - I confirm that I am having the same/similar issue with SCVMM 2012 r2. In my case, I am trying to assign a different VLAN after deployment. In SCVMM, I don't see the existing VLAN information, however, VLAN ID is correct on HyperV Manager. If I change the VLAN ID, the change reflects in the VM however it will be missing on SCVMM.  Seems like a bug. I am also opening a case with Microsoft support.

Cheers ! Shaba

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:37 AM
  • Thanks for the response Shaba.  I was amazed I couldn't find anything posted online regarding this issue so I'm happy you can validate that it's not just my installation.

Thanks,

Mark

Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:19 PM
  • All, this has been reported as a bug in the GUI.

You are correct, that VMM will tag the vNIC with the correct VLAN and also keep the information. However, when you open the hw properties again, the values is shown as blank.

again; this has been reported to MS.

-kn

Kristian (Virtualization and some coffee: http://kristiannese.blogspot.com )

Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:12 PM
  • Thanks for confirming this Kristian.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

InsideVirtualization.com

Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:13 PM
  • I got a confirmation from MS support that its a bug. Will be fixed with RU2.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

InsideVirtualization.com

Monday, January 20, 2014 8:02 PM