none
Azure ASR encrypted VM from powershell - Virtual machine's OS disk is encrypted and there is no disk information found RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure Replication of an encrypted VM via powershell as I need to exclude few disk in replication. However the replication is throwing below error. I couldn't find any parameter to supply the target key vault. 

Following MS technote of azure to azure exclude disks

Below error:

Virtual machine's OS disk is encrypted and there is no disk information found.

Possible cause: Disk encryption information like, secret identifier and its target KeyVault resource id are missing.

Please help?

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:01 AM

All replies

• Are you enabling replication for a windows VM or a Linux VM?

Are you referring to any Microsoft documentation for enabling replication and excluding disks?

Also, would be good if you can share a screenshot of an error message.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

I am enabling for Windows VM and yes referring to Microsoft documentation for enabling replication and exclude disk but the tech note doesn't say where to supply information about target 'key vault' in powershell script. (While enabling from portal, it gives option to provide target keyvault)

I am unable to post images/screenshots as my account is not yet verified.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:50 AM
  • Please share the documentation link you're referring to.

To verify your MSDN account, please post a comment on this forum link.

Once the account is verified, share the screenshot of the error message.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:26 PM
  • Friday, October 25, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Below are the Disk of the Windows VM in which I wish to replicate only OS disk not Data disk

Below error I see on the portal,

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Did you try recommendation "disk encryption support"?
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:58 PM
  • These are Standard Tier VMs where encrypted is applied.

We are able to replicate these VMs using ASR, however unable to exclude disks while replicating them. 

I checked but couldnt find any document telling the exclude disk is not support in Disk encrypted Windows VMs

Monday, November 4, 2019 8:55 AM