none
Software Deployment via Task Sequence - Incorrect Hash cause of special characters RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    when deploying Software via Task Sequence with a Install Software Step i get the following errors since today in the smsts.log:

    - Hash could not be matched for the downloaded content
    - 0x80091007 (The hash value is not correct)

    This happens only for a few deployments

    After a long research i found the following article:

    http://0wned.it/geek-bits/scripts/finding-bad-files-that-upset-configmgr-hash-could-not-be-matched-for-the-downloaded-content/

    That guy searches for hidden files and bad characters in filename with a script. I used the script and indeed those packages had some specific characters like 'Ü', 'Français'.
    As soon as i remove those characters it works great.

    BUT:
    The strange thing is that i'm pretty sure that it already worked, cause i run the script to check my whole applications and there are some apps where bad characters were found, but which ever installed without problems.

    So my question is, why does the problem exists now? I think it could depend on IIS, BITS, etc....

    Note: Because of the unattended installation of my Secondary Site Server i had to change the file applicationHost.config to allow the Folder BIN and the file extension *.config yesterday. See the lower part here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc431377.aspx#Config_RequestFiltering
    Do you think that depends on this changes?


    Thanks a lot

    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:22 PM

Answers

  • You mention IIS, BITS, etc...  Was there changes made to these components between when your pretty sure this was working and when it started not workiing.

    Without having some specific details such as what changed in the environment between the last time this worked and when it stopped working I'm not sure we can actually answer your question.

     The key is, things are working now as expected.

    Thanks,

     Michael

    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:23 PM

All replies

  • Hi Jonas,

    i have the same problem! I hope we find a solution =)


    Cheers
    Franky

    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:35 PM
  • The change *should* be independent, but we don't know how you modified applicationHost.config.
    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de
    Friday, February 3, 2012 1:42 PM
    Moderator
  • You mention IIS, BITS, etc...  Was there changes made to these components between when your pretty sure this was working and when it started not workiing.

    Without having some specific details such as what changed in the environment between the last time this worked and when it stopped working I'm not sure we can actually answer your question.

     The key is, things are working now as expected.

    Thanks,

     Michael

    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:23 PM
  • solved...

    1. Special Characters are not allowed in package- and filename when deploying via BITS-enabled DPs.
    To solve this either remove the special characters or you run the Installation directly from DP
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb932192.aspx

    2. At my current environment each deployment package contains a folder named BIN. For this reason IIS always blocked the deployment via BITS-enabled DPs and so the download took place via SMB. Since i allowed the folder name BIN the deployment via BITS was possible but then the special characters problem occured.

    Thanks to all. @Multitalent: I hope i could help you ;)

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:42 AM