Delete Computer from SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

In my environment,I have almost 4000 systems.Some of the computers dont have sccm cleint installed.Those unknown computers are in offline for more than 15 days.My IT team wants me to delete all those offline computers.How can i do that?

If i delete those,wont it come back again when discovery runs?

gowthaman J

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes if you use AD System Discovery they will come back. I would recommend that you move those computers into a separate OU after x days of inactivity aswell then you can exlcude using permissions from the AD System Discovery and they are not discovrerd back again.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes if you use AD System Discovery they will come back. I would recommend that you move those computers into a separate OU after x days of inactivity aswell then you can exlcude using permissions from the AD System Discovery and they are not discovrerd back again.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Garbage in = garbage out. An excellent tool to help cleanup AD is oldcmp from Joeware (a long time AD MVP).

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:47 PM
  • Thats right.Do i have any other way of filtering those discovered computers based on something (for eg: recent hardware scan date ) and deleting the remaining datas?so that i can run the task once AD system discovery is completed and i will not get those computers.

Note:I cant do anything in AD.pls let me know if i can do something for this from SCCM.

gowthaman J

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to detect computers which are not client of SCCM and they are offline, you can creat a collection base on "Heartbeat discovery agent time"  and "client" field.

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:31 AM