none
Event ID: 4506 Source: Health Service

Question

• I have received numerous copies of this event in the Operations Manager event log on my SCE 2007 server.  There is no further information when the Help & Support link is clicked.  The item at that IP is a SNMP enabled device, and I have input the proper SNMP community name in SCE.

The repeat is once per Network device - then it starts again approximately every 10 minutes or so.

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice.IPSubnet.Discovery" running for instance "10.0.0.12" with id:"{59147B3E-ABAE-E2F5-3A1E-7F50F342DC54}" in management group "VOA-NOR-W_MG".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 6:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

From the error prompt, please down and import the updated Mp with Operations Manager 2007 Data Warehouse Library, Operations Manager 2007 Management Pack Update and OpsMgr 2007 MOM 2005 Backward Compatibility Update to see if it works. You'll find significant stability improvements after these fixes are applied.

The Mp download  website is following:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb847850.aspx

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 8, 2007 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

I've got this in the Operations Manager Event log... What is this suppose to mean? Happens every one minute... irritating... making my logs bloated...

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "AD_General_Response.PerformanceCollection" running for instance "SBSServer" with id:"{86609BDF-3B0D-0470-E8F3-14616A4F43D6}" in management group "SBSServer_MG".
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

As the new report issue you mentioned is different from the one discussed in this current thread. we'd recommend that you start up a new thread for it. We generally focus on one topic in one thread because in this way it will be better for other community members to participate in the discussion, and to search/find specific answers more efficiently in the future.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thanx for your quick reply.

However, this issue is pertaining to Event ID: 4506 Source: Health Service

That's why I post it here.

The message I got was:-

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "AD_General_Response.PerformanceCollection" running for instance "SBSServer" with id:"{86609BDF-3B0D-0470-E8F3-14616A4F43D6}" in management group "SBSServer_MG".

It happens every ONE MINUTE, flooding the event log. Seems to me something wrong with the management pack?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:35 AM
  • Hello,

I am receiving Event ID: 4506; Source: HealthService, however the Description is slightly differente, it pertains to a different management pack:

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "SystemCenter.MPAuthoring.ManagementPackTemplate" running for instance "Security Auditing for Windows DCs" with id:"{5709570D-5228-16B7-8EB1-E9885D88B88A}" in management group "US-MGMTGRP".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This is ocurring approximately every 4-6mins.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sven

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:43 PM
  • Hi Sven,

As the new report issue you mentioned is different from the one discussed in this current thread, we'd recommend that you start up a new thread for it. We generally focus on one topic in one thread because in this way it will be better for other community members to participate in the discussion, and to search/find specific answers more efficiently in the future.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 9:12 AM
  • I have the same error occuring as the original post (this is with SP1 installed).  When I have tried to install the recommended MPs, I can not, as they are older than the installed versions.  Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:45 PM
  • I am receiving this same error message and I have the latest Management Packs listed above installed.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:43 PM
  • Same problem here. All suggested MP's to update are older than current SP1.

Data was dropped due to too much outstanding data in rule "Microsoft.SystemCenter.NetworkDevice.IPSubnet.Discovery" running for instance "10.2.10.250" with id:"{0355A548-9C45-CCD1-61E2-C7DAAAE02A74}" in management group "SERVER_MG".

With all the other SNMP issues, when are we going to get a rollup to fix all these problems?

thanks

• Proposed as answer by Kingz Monday, April 20, 2009 6:25 PM
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:27 AM
  • DId you ever find a solution to this this problem?
    Monday, April 20, 2009 6:28 PM