none
Reporting Workspace empty RRS feed

• Question

• In the reporting workspace of my SCSM 2012 SP1 console the only category is Analysis Library.  There are no report categories and none of the standard reports are visible.

All my data warehouse jobs seem to be running correctly.

I have checked the SSRS reports page and there are a number of reports available though there that correlate with standard reports in the console.

The reports and favorite reports categories show in the reporting workspace in my test environment.

Any suggestions what ive done to make them not show in my production console, and how can I restore them?

Thanks Eden

• Edited by Eden Ravenwood Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:22 AM typo correction
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First thing, have you checked the permissions within SSRS,

That permission model along with the permission model within SCSM, Data Warehouse Tab -> Security is used to show the reports.

Regards,

Fletcher

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

• Marked as answer by Eden Ravenwood Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:49 PM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First thing, have you checked the permissions within SSRS,

That permission model along with the permission model within SCSM, Data Warehouse Tab -> Security is used to show the reports.

Regards,

Fletcher

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

• Marked as answer by Eden Ravenwood Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:49 PM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:45 AM
  • I compared permissions between my test environment where reports were visible, and the production environment where they were not, and changed a couple of differences so prod matched what was in test and hey presto there they were. 

Thanks.

Friday, March 14, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Can you tell me what permissions you set on the Data Warehouse > Security section in the SCSM console, and the SSRS server permissions to make this work for you?

I'm having intermittent problems getting the Reporting workspace to populate with a list of Incident reports.. I only see a blank workspace, or just the Analysis Library (depending on the user and time of day.. it's really odd)

We have an AD group populated with all of our SCSM analysts and I have configured that at the top level in SSRS so they have Browser permissions (and verified this is propogating down to all subfolders)

In the Data Warehouse > Security settings, Report Users has NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users.

Friday, April 24, 2015 9:20 PM