none
I need check the supportability of service manager 2012 R2 with SCCM 1902 , SCOM 2019 and AD DS 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I need check the supportability of service manager 2012 R2 with SCCM 1902 , SCOM 2019 and AD DS 2016
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you won't be having issues with Active Directory for sure.

I am pretty sure that nobody tests SCSM 2012 R2 with newer System Center versions aymore. Also there are no updates of the articles for SCSM 2012 R2 in regards to this. So this being said, the best way to solve tis is to try and create connectors to SCCM and SCOM and see if those are syncing. Someting tells me that this won't be a problem, because the connector framework remains untouched.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:18 AM
  • If SCSM 2012R2 will be "supported officially by Microsoft" with all the new other components is a different story ;-)

But as Stoyan already wrote: Technically it "should" work.

Andreas Baumgarten

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you won't be having issues with Active Directory for sure.

I am pretty sure that nobody tests SCSM 2012 R2 with newer System Center versions aymore. Also there are no updates of the articles for SCSM 2012 R2 in regards to this. So this being said, the best way to solve tis is to try and create connectors to SCCM and SCOM and see if those are syncing. Someting tells me that this won't be a problem, because the connector framework remains untouched.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:18 AM
  • If SCSM 2012R2 will be "supported officially by Microsoft" with all the new other components is a different story ;-)

But as Stoyan already wrote: Technically it "should" work.

Andreas Baumgarten

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:01 PM