none
error in the HTML5 SCSM new portal at the time of recording the calls.

Question

• When the user open an incident in new scsm portal, occours the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
    Line 357:                        <label for="@item["Prompt"].ToString()" data-required="@item["Optional"].ToString()">@item["Prompt"].ToString()</label>
    Line 358:                        <input type="@item["Type"].ToString()" name="@item["PathSend"].ToString()" id="@item["Prompt"].ToString()" @item["Optional"].ToString() @item["ReadOnly"].ToString() value='@Request[item["PathSend"].ToString()]' />
    Line 359:                        <div class="error-text">@ErrorResults.Find(m => m.MemberNames.ElementAt(0).Equals(item["PathSend"].ToString()))</div>
    Line 360:                    }
    Line 361:                }

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SelfServicePortal\Views\Home\MakeForm.cshtml    Line: 359

Stack Trace:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       ASP._Page_Views_Home_MakeForm_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SelfServicePortal\Views\Home\MakeForm.cshtml:359
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +279
       System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +124
       System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +142
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +180
       System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +379
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1a.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__17() +32
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +613
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.<BeginInvokeAction>b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +230
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<BeginExecuteCore>b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +53
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:37 PM

Answers

• I spent a few hour troubleshooting a similar issue on my side that resulted in the exact error you specified and found that in my case, it was an optional integer field that was causing the issue.

For some reason the web portal expects a value to be there for an optional integer based field on your class. As soon as I put a 0 into the field, it went through without issues. I went back to my offering and marked the fields as required so something has to be put in for them. After making that change, it stops throwing the error. Hopefully this is something Microsoft can fix in the next release.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 3:45 PM

All replies

• THis is very generic info.

Try Troubleshooting GUide (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh914195.aspx ) to get exact issue,

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:20 PM
  • Well I will detail what is happening.
    A common user accesses the portal new SCSM 2012 R2 HTML5, you will open your call on the portal selects the offer published service, answer the fields that are asked. When you click and send the screen shows an http error 500 (site is in trouble or maintenance).
    Performing this action on the portal server itself displays the error I posted just above.
    Note 1. - SCSM administrators Users does not happen error.
    Note 2.- In the Old portal does not happen the error. It works perfectly.
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:52 AM
  • From your description, it seems that your RO is creating SR with sub activity. There was issue with End User row while creating activities. This is fixed in next update, coming next week.
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:49 PM
  •  

And in case the end user is the super admin of service manager itself and same error happens then its the scenario where you are using some custom activity inside of the SR.

Check to see our scenario: LINK

New HTML5 portal cannot handle all bases classes I think or something but this is also expected to be fixed along with, inshaAllah.

Shahid Roofi

Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:01 PM
  • New Update is availble now which should fix your issue -  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134286
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:33 PM
  • New Update is availble now which should fix your issue -  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3134286

This update did not resolve our issue:

div class="error-text">@ErrorResults.Find(m => m.MemberNames.ElementAt(0).Equals(item["PathSend"].ToString()))</div>

We receive a 500 error every time.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 9:37 PM
  • I spent a few hour troubleshooting a similar issue on my side that resulted in the exact error you specified and found that in my case, it was an optional integer field that was causing the issue.

For some reason the web portal expects a value to be there for an optional integer based field on your class. As soon as I put a 0 into the field, it went through without issues. I went back to my offering and marked the fields as required so something has to be put in for them. After making that change, it stops throwing the error. Hopefully this is something Microsoft can fix in the next release.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 3:45 PM