none
Norwegian special character in portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I make a request from the enduser portal or in the console using norwegian special character "øæå" in title and details this works ok, but when I use the same norwegian charaters in console "request user input/action log" in work find in the console but in the portal I see "ØÆ&#197". Is this a bug or ?

Please advice.

Jon

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Jon,

The issue with Norwegian characters is a bug. That bug is slated to be fixed in a future release of Service Manager.

Thank you,

Suzanne Sylliaasen [MSFT]

System Center Support

Friday, August 6, 2010 6:57 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Jon,

I tried to reproduce your issue, but could not. Please send a screen shot to SCSMBeta@live.com.

Thank you,

Suzanne Sylliaasen[MSFT]

Service Manager Team

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:29 PM
    Answerer
  • I have the same problem... http://roenning.net/?p=269

But - If I copy the "code" into a HTML page, it renders and views the norwegian characters...

Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:52 AM
  • Hi Lars and Ron,

This looks like a display bug in the Portal. Please tell me the regional and keyboard settings for the Service Manager server, the portal server and the machine running the browser to view the portal. My systems are all set to US-EN and I cannot reproduce the issue.

Thank you,

Suzanne Sylliaasen[MSFT]

Service Manager Team

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:59 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

The regional settings on both my client and server is set to English (US). I have tested to open the page on the server, and I get the same problem there.

Could this be a IIS setting somewhere ?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:15 AM
  • Hi

I have email a screenshot of the problem,

Thanks

Jon

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Hi again

Server and client setting is norwegian settings.

Regards

Jon

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:56 AM
  • Hi Jon

I don't know exactly how this should effect you but it could be good for you to know that...

For this release, the system locale setting for the server operating system must be configured for English (United States) on the computer hosting the Service Manager management server, the Service Manager database, the data warehouse management server, and the data warehouse databases.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff460997.aspx

Patrik Sundqvist Solutions Architect @ Atea Spintop http://blogs.litware.se
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:33 AM
  • Hi Patrik

Thanks for this, but as you can see of this link Lars Rønning has tried to run English(United States) and this does not solve this problem.

How are swedish special characters work in your SCSM enviroment ?  

Jon

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:53 AM
  • Hi Jon,

The issue with Norwegian characters is a bug. That bug is slated to be fixed in a future release of Service Manager.

Thank you,

Suzanne Sylliaasen [MSFT]

System Center Support

Friday, August 6, 2010 6:57 PM
    Answerer