none
Program Failed (Download Failed) / Waiting for Content RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I sent out a package last week, a simple batch file to change security settings on 1 file, and neglected to monitor it throughout the day to find out this week that it failed on every computer on 1 of our sites. Right away I knew what I did, I accidentally left out the site on the distribution points.

I distributed it to that distribution point, and picked a few clients that I knew would be online and manually tried to get it to re-start the advertisement (the program is set to re-try if failed). I could not get it to work on the systems I tried on, and it is stuck on "Waiting for Content". I got one of them to re-boot, and it downloaded and ran right away.

Now, is there a way to get them to re-try the download right now rather then waiting for each of them to reboot their computer? It is only a 1KB batch file.

Thank you,

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:00 PM

Answers

• I created another manditory assignment, and that seems to have started the advertisement again without a reboot. If there was a better way to do it (other then remembering to set the distribution point!) I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Richard Eklund Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:51 PM