none
Filter View

Question

• Hello,
    How I can create e.g. performance view the target is winodws computer object is processore, that I know how to create using authoring console.
    my question is how can I show data only for specific group of my computer group ?
    There is not option to configure specific group
    idanle
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Unfortunately, this one is GUID-based, which means you have to have instantiated your group to know what the ID is.  It will be consistent within a Management Group, but may or may not be consistent across multiple management groups.  This is because your group-filter is specific to a particular group instance.

This is configured in the <Target> tag at the very end of the view definition XML.  It would look like
    <Target>3F2504E0-4F89-11D3-9A0C-0305E82C3301</Target>

You can get your GUID using Powershell
    Get-MonitoringObjectGroup
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:32 PM
  • Thanks Mike,

So what I need to do in case I would like to create in my MP state view with only My computers and enable customer to import this MP and see my view filtered by my computers ?
    idanle
    Monday, October 05, 2009 12:10 PM
  • Seal your MP
    Get the GUID using Get-MonitoringObjectGroup
    Edit the view in your unsealed MP using the GUID
    Seal the MP again.
    Monday, October 05, 2009 3:02 PM
  • And this will work even if I will import the seal MP in our customers SCOM (Different server / management group ETC) ?
    idanle
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Yup.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 7:06 AM
  • "Mark as Answer", no activity for a month. Feel free to re-open this
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Monday, November 23, 2009 10:43 PM