none
Report showing servers showing TWO OS'

Question

• We have an issue where some servers (I assume they were updated with the SCCM client not removed first) updated from 2003 to higher versions are BOTH showing up in our SUP reports for patching (but the lower version OS will always be non-compliant).  Doesn't seem to be the typical duplicate account or GUID issue, but, two active entries with different OS'.

Trying to cobble up a report to find them, but, have not been able to, yet.

Does anyone have a report that will show this?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:59 PM

Answers

• I had same problem today where in,one computer have 2 different resourceIDs and these two resourceIDs have different information in all the views.

What i have done is,Get the list of computers which have same name but 2 different resourceID,add all these machines to collection and do special delete*(when deleting the collection,you get option to also delete them from database).

This process will delete both the entries from Database and later sometime,Client will send its inventory,DDT etc to DB .

select sys.name0
    from v_r_system sys
    group by  sys.name0
    having count(sys.name0) >=2

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti | Twitter: Eskonr

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:47 AM

All replies

• yes,it is probably because of different GUID ID.Check the obsolete value for the both the machines ?

Follow the post available here on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837374 how to identify and delete the records with duplicate GUIDs

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti | Twitter: Eskonr

Friday, March 7, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Thanks, Eswar, neither show obsolete, both show in SUP (under each version OS), that's the confusing part.

Thanks.

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:25 AM
  • Are the resource ID's the same? If not you'll need to do the join in your report on something else. Probably the machine name.

John Marcum | http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/johnmarcum/

Friday, March 7, 2014 1:32 PM
  • I had same problem today where in,one computer have 2 different resourceIDs and these two resourceIDs have different information in all the views.

What i have done is,Get the list of computers which have same name but 2 different resourceID,add all these machines to collection and do special delete*(when deleting the collection,you get option to also delete them from database).

This process will delete both the entries from Database and later sometime,Client will send its inventory,DDT etc to DB .

select sys.name0
    from v_r_system sys
    group by  sys.name0
    having count(sys.name0) >=2

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:47 AM