none
Server Share

Question

• Dear all,

I have created a server share which is on another machine and not on the site server. I am trying to import the operating system image. It is not getting installed and in the logs it reads that site server/distribution have not enough space. there is enough space on the distribution point. However at site server the space is bit low and that is the reason i created a server share on separate server. In the logs it says that "site server" is running low in space. Can I achieve the below scenario:

(1) Server share on different server.

(2) Distribution point on different server

(3) And when i install it (that is import the os image) it also installs on the new location that is new server share.

Kindly guide me. Thanks in anticipation.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:30 AM

Answers

• hello - which logs you are looking at ? distmgr.log?

Under one site, do you have two distribution points ? one is server share DP abd the other one is standard DP (this is what I can understand )?

1. Possible

2. Possible

3. Can can distribute image to both

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Farzan Qureshi Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:32 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:14 AM

All replies

• hello - which logs you are looking at ? distmgr.log?

Under one site, do you have two distribution points ? one is server share DP abd the other one is standard DP (this is what I can understand )?

1. Possible

2. Possible

3. Can can distribute image to both

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Farzan Qureshi Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:32 AM
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 4:14 AM
  • yes i have two distribution point. that is one standard distribution point and another one is the server share under one site. i am not sure the logs you asked me but i m looking at the logs which are under system status.

i have created server share. my image is 11gb big. it takes hell lot of time to import the image and in the end it says that retrying install and actually never installs it.

in the logs it gives some otions to resolve it:

(1) permission issue which i have fixed already

(2) long file or folder name which again i have fixed.

(3) not enogh space to site server and this is the one i dont know how to fix and why it is still reading the space of site server though i m using server share which has enough enough space !!!!

i m stuck : plz help

Saturday, September 10, 2011 5:19 AM
  • Check out the free space in standard dp and server share. Check distmgr.log on the site server for more details.

SCCM Professionals

Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:13 AM
  • thanks, all fixed :)
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:32 AM