Domino to Exchange Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have customer that needs to migrate Domino to Exchange 2019 , the data is about 2.5 TB , the condition for migration tool is that it should not be cloud based,

I am looking at to scenarios,

1- Tools that allow to setup co-existence,

2-tools that simply convert the data to nsf file to pst via server

Please help and guide,

Regards - hasan Reza

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Hasan,

Since Exchange server forum mainly discusses and provides suggestions about Exchange server issues, you may have to do more research, and contact the vendor for more information about the third-party tool to decide using what tools.

Additionally, instead of using nsf files, you can try to archive Domino email to .csv files. Outlook is supported to import and check .csv files for Exchange mailboxes.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Hasan,

Since Exchange server forum mainly discusses and provides suggestions about Exchange server issues, you may have to do more research, and contact the vendor for more information about the third-party tool to decide using what tools.

Additionally, instead of using nsf files, you can try to archive Domino email to .csv files. Outlook is supported to import and check .csv files for Exchange mailboxes.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:42 AM
  • Thank You Lydia for the response,

One question, i have a fair amount of experience on Exchange 2007 and transporter suite , do u suggest using this as an alternative,

Also suggest how can I deploy it in the same forest with With Exchange 2019 if possible (using any workaround),

Appreciate your kind response,

Regards - Hasan Reza

• Edited by Hasan Reza Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:06 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:05 AM
  • Based on my knowledge, transporter suite is used to migrate from Domino to Exchange 2007. A trusted third-party tool may be a better solution. You can check this for more information: Migration from Domino Server to MS Exchange Made Easier.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Friday, June 26, 2020 9:35 AM