VMM 2016 TP4 create cluster error (25305) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Using VMM 2016 TP4 built from .VHD package running on Hyper-V 2012 R2 fully patched from Windows Update.  Have 2 UCS blades with 2016 TP4 with Desktop Experience fully patched from Windows Update. Blades have latest hardware drivers (2012) and appear fine as far as Device Manager is concerned. Hyper-V role installed on each as well as failover clustering on each. Created MGMT Team using 2 NIC on each blade with manual IP assignment. That's working fine. Added 2 blades as standalone HV hosts into VMM, created a Host Group and moved both blade into Host Group. Trying to create a cluster, and failing with Error (25305). This looks like it is related to networking. Not receiving any valuable information in the cluster logs or validation test logs.  

The Recommended Action to ensure that the VMM server has sufficient resource does not seem applicable as there is plenty of RAM, CPU, and Network resources on this guest as well as the HV host. This is the only VM running on the HV host.

Any insight as to what this error could really be?

Thank you.

Monday, January 11, 2016 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hello!

I may not have the answer to your problem precisely, but I had issues with creating clusters for tp5, so I tried to create the cluster manually using the failover cluster role in windows server. If you still have issues, try creating the cluster from one of the servers and then adding it to SCVMM. Maybe it won't solve the problem, but it could help you troubleshooting it. Logs and error messages in windows are usually more helpful to me then those in VMM.

Have a nice day!

Monday, June 6, 2016 5:12 PM
  • Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same issue in the final release of VMM 2016.
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:43 PM