none
SCOM Reporting Console Empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Can someone help me on this issue.

I was able to work on my Reporting console all these days. All of a sudden, My SCOM Reporting console is empty today. Below events are logged. However, my SCOM Reporting services are installed in my MS1 and the error event log reported in MS2 which don't have RS installed. Please find the below screenshots.

Reporting URL is giving the below error.

http://hostname/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase) Get Online Help

Event Log: 

Report deployment process failed to request management pack list from SQL RS Server. The operation will be retried.
    Exception 'SoapException': The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.InvalidReportServerDatabaseException: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'. 

One or more workflows were affected by this.  

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Report 
    Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service 

EventID: 31569

SCOM Alert below:

Data Warehouse failed to request a list of management packs from SQL RS server
    Alert Description
    Source:   Data Warehouse Synchronization Service
    Full Path Name:   Data Warehouse Synchronization Service
    Alert Monitor:   Data Warehouse SQL RS Deployed Management Pack List Request Recovery State
    Created:   2/15/2017 6:46:01 PM
    Data Warehouse failed to request a list of management packs which contain reports deployed to SQL Reporting Services Server. Report deployment process failed to request management pack list from SQL RS Server. The operation will be retried.
    Exception 'SoapException': The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.InvalidReportServerDatabaseException: The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'.

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Report

Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service

Thanks,

Ramu Chittiprolu

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Ramu,

The Update Rollup upgrade process should happen in tight coordination between the SCOM MS & DB Servers else it might end up in Performance issue. Here I would suggest update the complete Management Group to UR12 & then upgrade the Patch version of the SSRS/ReportServer DB which is on lesser version. That should resolve the issue here. 

Let me know if face any issues.

Thanks,

Pritam.

Pritam

Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:31 PM
  • Hi Sir,

In addition :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32360.sspr-troubleshooting-the-version-of-the-report-server-database-is-either-in-a-format-that-is-not-valid-or-it-cannot-be-read.aspx

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 4:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Ramu,

The issue highlighted here gets generated when there is a SQL CU version Mismatch of the SSRS version & the ReportServer DB version. I would say check the version of the below 2 instances:

1. SQL CU version of ReportServer Database

2. SQL CU version of SSRS

If both aren't on the same version, get the lower instance's version updated to the version of the higher instance & thereby making both instances on the same SQL CU version. Let me know once it has been worked out.

Thanks,

Pritam

Pritam

Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:49 PM
  • Thanks Pritam for the prompt response!

Yes, our 2 DB servers are recently auto updated to SCOM UR12 around 15days back. I'm yet to install UR12 in management servers. SSRS version in MS and ReportServer Database version in DB servers is different.

However, i started facing this issue only today. i was able to access and generate the reports until yesterday.

Should i go and update UR12 on 2 management servers as well ?

Thanks,

Ramu Chittiprolu

Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:14 PM
  • Hello Ramu,

The Update Rollup upgrade process should happen in tight coordination between the SCOM MS & DB Servers else it might end up in Performance issue. Here I would suggest update the complete Management Group to UR12 & then upgrade the Patch version of the SSRS/ReportServer DB which is on lesser version. That should resolve the issue here. 

Let me know if face any issues.

Thanks,

Pritam.

Pritam

Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:31 PM
  • Hi Sir,

In addition :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32360.sspr-troubleshooting-the-version-of-the-report-server-database-is-either-in-a-format-that-is-not-valid-or-it-cannot-be-read.aspx

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 4:15 AM