none
AD Connector 2012

Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to have an AD connector for assigned users, and a different one for affected users?

Greetings,

Saulius

SCSM-apprentice
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 8:41 AM

Answers

• You can use Global Operator Group to assign users.
    http://www.scsmsolutions.com/ freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:35 PM
  • And as Anton said, you can use the Global Operator Group to limit those people shown in the first instance in the assign to user picker.

This doesn't limit those that CAN assign, just narrows down the list to those most commonly assigned to.

e.g. Populate the "Global Operator Group" in the Library>Groups section of the console with an AD Group containing your IT Staff, or using a query to look for department containing ICT or similar.

This will then limit the initial user picker list to just that group, unticking the "Global Operators" option at the top then displays all AD Users.

My System Center Blog
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I highly doubt this,

What you can try is to potentially limit the objects "pulled in"  from AD.

You can specify the OU.

I had not tried this myslef, but maybe you can try to have 2 AD connectors, pulling information from different OUS.

Hope this helps,

F.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

I think you do not want to have different connectors - you just want to have different users for choosing "Assigned to users" and "Affected Users" right? - I do not think that this is possible as the user-picker is hardcoded to retrieve all the user and group objects within SCSM

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria | German System Center Blog: www.systemcenterblog.at
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:31 PM
  • I had not tried this myslef, but maybe you can try to have 2 AD connectors, pulling information from different OUS.

This is no problem and works fine. But not for the case as Fletcher want to use it.
    Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria | German System Center Blog: www.systemcenterblog.at
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:31 PM
  • Would it be possible to recode the user picker to a custom control that only selects users/groups that are or are not in a SCSM-user role or AD group?

pseudo-logic:

boolean include = true;
    myUserPicker mup = new myUserPicker(include, adGroupName/ScsmUserRole);

class myUserPicker : userpicker{

public myUserPicker(boolean include, AdDatasource ds)
    public myUserPicker(boolean include, ScsmDatasource ds)

}

SCSM-apprentice
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:37 PM
  • You can use Global Operator Group to assign users.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:35 PM
  • I think you misunderstand.

I do not want to limit who can assign, but who can be assigned to.
    I highly doubt ever assigning an incident to an End-user.

greetings

SCSM-apprentice
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:58 PM
  • And as Anton said, you can use the Global Operator Group to limit those people shown in the first instance in the assign to user picker.

This doesn't limit those that CAN assign, just narrows down the list to those most commonly assigned to.

e.g. Populate the "Global Operator Group" in the Library>Groups section of the console with an AD Group containing your IT Staff, or using a query to look for department containing ICT or similar.

This will then limit the initial user picker list to just that group, unticking the "Global Operators" option at the top then displays all AD Users.

My System Center Blog
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:31 PM
  • could it be that the group you are referring to is only available since the latest update? I do not have the group by default it seems.

Greetings,

Saulius

SCSM-apprentice
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:41 PM
  • As far as I'm aware, it's a default group in a 2012 Beta install.
    My System Center Blog
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:56 PM
  • And only FRESH installation of the SCSM 12 has that group. If you upgrade your installation from CTP2 just reinstall it from scratch.
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:28 PM