none
Reinstall Data Warehouse to remove test data RRS feed

• Question

• We are wanting to go live with SCSM soon, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, we don't have the infrastructure in which I was able to setup a test and production environment. I've managed to remove the test data out of the ServiceManager database via the SMLets, but we are wanting to remove the test data out of the data warehouse as well. I've attempting manually deleting from the database (I know unsupported), though this did not work and just gave many database errors (as expected).

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to uninstall/reinstall the DW. Upon reinstall, I know I would need to likely re-register it with SCSM.

In doing this, will all of the custom classifications/statuses/templates/etc stay in place?

Once installed, would all of the sync jobs pick up as expected and sync the current data in the Service Manager (No incidents/Changes/etc) to the DW?

We have all databases/Service Manager/Portal running on one server. DW running on a 2nd server.

If anyone could provide some insight around this, it would be much appreciated. Any direction towards documentation would also be great!

Thanks

Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:59 PM

Answers

• The best scenario (and my recomendation) would be to export and take backup of all your management packs, reinstall the entire Service Manager environment and import them again. In that way you should be able to get a fresh, functional Service Manager and all your settings would be retained.

However, to answer your question, you would need to:

- Unregister with SCSM DW
    - Uninstall DW
    - Delete the three DW databases
    - Install DW
    - Register with DW

This would not affect any settings in your SCSM environment and you would have an empty DW.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:29 PM

All replies

• The best scenario (and my recomendation) would be to export and take backup of all your management packs, reinstall the entire Service Manager environment and import them again. In that way you should be able to get a fresh, functional Service Manager and all your settings would be retained.

However, to answer your question, you would need to:

- Unregister with SCSM DW
    - Uninstall DW
    - Delete the three DW databases
    - Install DW
    - Register with DW

This would not affect any settings in your SCSM environment and you would have an empty DW.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:29 PM
  • Hi there, you should "stop the data warehouse jobs" first?
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:38 PM