Portal "Go To Request Form" bypass (SCSM 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to completely bypass the page with the "Go to request form" button and go straight to the request offering from the service offering page?

Thanks

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:38 PM

All replies

• I think currently the answer is no. I haven't seen a way to bypass this out of the box. So if it is possible it is definitely customization.

On the Service Offering page (serviceoffering_base.xaml) you have some hyperlink buttons. Maybe you can manipulate the command property of those hyperlink buttons?

Clicking on one of those hyperlink buttons sends you to the introduction page (wizard_intro.xaml) of the request offering. The button (btnGoToRequestForm) sets a new page (wizard_request.xaml) with the actual request form. 

Hope this helps a bit

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:09 PM
  • This may be a silly question, but where are those files located? I can't seem to find them.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Not a silly question at all.

I  found the above things by using .NET Reflector. I actually analysed the Self-Service Portal .dll files which I found in the .xap files.

In the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\System Center Service Manager Portal\ContentHost\Clientbin you have the web parts which are .xap files. You can copy them and rename them to a .zip file. After that you are able to access the .dll files which are used by each web part. I actually analysed the ServiceOfferingSilverlightModule.xap and RequestOfferingSilverlightModule.xap.

Sorry, I should have added that before :)

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:43 PM
  • Did you discover any way to solve this?  I'd be interested in skipping that Go to Request page as well.
    Monday, August 6, 2012 7:52 PM
  • No, I was able to open up the .xap file but it was just DLLs in there. I'm not sure what do do after that point... A little out of my league...
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:49 PM