none
SCOM alert connector not getting created RRS feed

• Question

• i go through all the steps to create an alert connector to forward alerts to SCSM but when i go back to the SOCM console to set the subscription there is no internal connectore created. 

it's there in the SCSM console but not there in the SCOM console. i looked in the event viewer of my SCOM managment server and don;t really se anyhting, i looked in the event viewer of the workflow server on SCSM and don;t see anything.  i verified that the account has admin rights in SCOM is local admin and has rights in SQL. 

this used to work. however our SQL admin changed all the SQL server service accounts. without tell us (the system center guys)

i'm not sure if that can cause connectors to not be made or not. any advice on how to track down why the internal connector isn;t being created in SCOM would be great. 

thanks guys. 

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

When you finished OM alert connector creation, you should see event log under Applications and Service Logs > Operations Manager. Upon initially creating the connector (without forwarding alerts), you will see 4 events:

A message denoting that the connector was created on the SM side.

A message stating that an internal OM connector was created and that its subscription should be initialized.

Begin connector sync

End connector sync

If there is no such event, this may mean that the connector creation failed. I suggest you recreate the connector and check the result. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:45 AM
  • Hi Philip,

did you check the account which rtuns the connector? It should be a SCOM admin...

and also "Must be a member of the Users local security group on the SCOM management server"

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Hello,

When you finished OM alert connector creation, you should see event log under Applications and Service Logs > Operations Manager. Upon initially creating the connector (without forwarding alerts), you will see 4 events:

A message denoting that the connector was created on the SM side.

A message stating that an internal OM connector was created and that its subscription should be initialized.

Begin connector sync

End connector sync

If there is no such event, this may mean that the connector creation failed. I suggest you recreate the connector and check the result. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

hmmm ok so create sevreal test connectore an i checeked the event viewer of the workflow server and no eventid 34021 comes up so it looks like the connector is not getting created on the SCSM side of it.
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:29 PM
  • Hi Philip,

did you check the account which rtuns the connector? It should be a SCOM admin...

and also "Must be a member of the Users local security group on the SCOM management server"

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

it is part of local admin, SCOM admin, SCSM admin, domian admin and SQL admin, i was able to then get to the 34021, but i checked the SOCM and SCSM servers and no messages about 34085
    Friday, February 2, 2018 5:43 PM