none
SCOM SQL 7.0.20 - health rollup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, noticed lately that SQL Seed Class is not hosted in Windows Computer Class, therefore there is no connection in health rollup from SQL Classes to Windows Computer object, or maybe there are some mechanism which I missed or overridden something I shouldn't. 

Would be great to have the state of SQL DB Engine Class to have healthstate relation to Windows Computer Class

Any support appreciated
    Monday, July 6, 2020 2:03 PM

All replies

• There are still two things linking a DB Engine to a computer and its agent : 

- A containment relationship : Microsoft.SQLServer.Windows.ServerComputerContainsDBEngine

- A Should Manage relationship, which is a special kind of relationship that is used when you have an unhosted class but you still want a specific agent to manage it and run its workflows locally. That's why SQL scripts are still running on the monitored SQL servers and not on the management servers.

If you want to rollup the DBEngine state to the windows computer class, you simply can create a dependency monitor based on the containment relationship :)

Monday, July 6, 2020 6:54 PM
  • I tried to make dependency monitor for Windows Computer or Windows Computer Role for Object (Membership) or Configuration Item (Contains Configuration Item) but without luck. When adding one of Object (Membership) for Windows Computer dependency monitor it lists SQL classess but also all of the others like IIS, Loogical Disks, Services etc. 

I cant find SQLDBEngine when choosing Monitor Dependency

Do you think it is somehow possible to link just the DBEngine Seed class to Windows Computer Role and if so new MP has to be created with relationship and dependency or it somehow can be done via SCOM Console gui. 

• Edited by Furselek Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:24 AM