none
How To Fix Outlook 2010 Search Problems RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hi,

    How to fix Outlook 2010 Search box, I tryed all below option but still facing the same problem in outllok 2010.

    1) Rebuilding the Index

    2) Created new PST

    3) Reinstalled Outllook and Created new PST

    4) Fully Formatted Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit and Reinstalled Outllook 32 bit and Created new PST

    Best Regards,

    Ketan Morje

    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:43 AM

All replies

  • "Have ensured that whether your Windows Search is enabled or not" Follow the steps do the same

    • First Select “Start” and type “CMD“.
    • Do a Right-click a “Command Prompt” then choose “Run as administrator“.
    • If prompted for credentials, enter a username and password that grants admin rights to the desktop.
    • Then type “sc config wsearch start= auto“, press “Enter“. You will get a “SUCCESS” message.
    • And finally, Type “net start wsearch“, press “Enter“. You should receive a message that the service was started.

    Refer Blog Fix Outlook Search Problem and get to know about other methods to fix Outlook search feature.


    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:34 AM
  • To fix MS Outlook search box, you have two options (i) Rebuilding the Index or Reinstalled Outlook and Created new PST (ii) To fix this problem try any third party Outlook PST Repair tool.

    I would share a blog here too it might help you.

    https://outlookpstrepair.quora.com/

    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:37 PM
  • I have discovered that all of the fixes work.

    Until I restart Outlook 2013.

    Then, I'm back to square 1, sort of. What I always have to do is to dig into the data folder and set the .ost files advanced properties to enable this file to be indexed. I happily check the box. I restart Outlook and find I still have the same problem.

    I rinsed and repeated. I again shut down Outlook, went to the datafiles, set them (yes, they were unchecked again) again, after closing the properties box, rechecked and verified that the properties were still checked to allow reindexing, closed the properties window again, left file explorer open and restarted Outlook and watched with amazement as the modified date of the files, or to be precise the time, changed while Outlook was opening. I opened the properties, and there it was, the "allow indexing" checkbox was again unchecked.

    Outlook 2013 - or at least the starting of it - causes the property of the .ost files to be changed. This is the one observation I cannot find a response to - not even a, "oh, gee, that's too bad! We have no clue. We've never seen that before. You have a very strange computer.'

    I have throughout the process also looked in Outlook when it was running under Search Tools > Locations to Search and verified that Outlook has been told to search these locations. Outlook is indeed in the Windows Search settings, MSG files are properly selected. Everything reads properly in all the methods I have tried, even after rebuilding the index three times, completely uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office 2013, and even refreshing Windows 10.

    I'm kind of frustrated.



    • Edited by George E H Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:41 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2019 2:33 PM