none
Orchestrator Runbook Issue - Get Object returns Null RRS feed

• Question

• I have run into an issue with my Auto-close resolved incidents runbook (See http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/05/22/automatically-closing-completed-scsm-service-requests-with-orchestrator.aspx)

I've stripped it right back to a simple "Get Object" linked to "Append Line" for logging output.

The Get Object is using the Incident class, filtering on Status equals resolved.

I can confirm the integration works, as the Status list reflects what i have configured in Service Manager.

On running the runbook through the Runbook Tester - I can clearly see it returns no objects/incidents.

In the Runbook example by Travis/Mark I removed the checking on the Link to the Update Object activity, and can confirm the Update Object fails as the SC Object ID returns Null/Empty.

Ideas?

• Edited by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:24 PM

Answers

• Resolved.

It was related to permissions - I ended up using the SCSM Service Account instead of the account specified for the Orchestrator Connector.

• Marked as answer by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:36 PM

All replies

• Get Object properties

• Edited by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:35 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Resolved.

It was related to permissions - I ended up using the SCSM Service Account instead of the account specified for the Orchestrator Connector.

• Marked as answer by Andy.Scott Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:36 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:36 PM
  • I have the exact same problem following the same guide. How did you achieve/implement the fix to run it with a different account? I'm not having any luck trying to Google how you did that. Thanks!

Monday, January 16, 2017 7:13 PM